Home

How you pick your mission- From comic con

Blademaster_109

After that you see the galaxy (or a solar system anyway) on a blue print like screen. The back is blue, and the rings showing the planets orbit are white. I think the planets are the only things with individual color. It's in a mission like form. You highlight the mission, and it says what planet it's on and that planet gets bigger on the map, with a description of the mission in a box next to it. Next to the info box, is a small box where Kyle's head is and he talks to you. There's a fair amount of missions from the beginning. He tells you that it's your first mission so he will accompany you.

Thats what some one posted on another forum

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

yeah, thats was what i was afarid of. I was hoping that you could go saber practice walk around, then go meet up with kyle, and luke.

I imagined something like that as well. If that's not the case, then it's a shame. Visiting the Academy between each mission, and talking with other students, practicing your saber-craft and Force skills, and perhaps even having some simple errands to run, would have been greatly appreciated. I liked the way you went back to the Enterprise between missions in Elite Force 2, and could listen in on people's conversations in relation to current events. It would have been great to visit the Academy in a similar manner throughout JA.

The 'pick a planet' idea is too similar to Galactic Battlegrounds, IMHO, although I suppose it also equates with the 'intermission screens' seen in the original Dark Forces game. Nevertheless, things have moved on since Dark Forces, and I'm a bit disappointed by this idea. For an FPS, it's becoming more and more important to remain 'in contact' with the game's context, and having a 'pick a mission' screen removes that context and slaps you in the face with a reminder that 'it's just a game'.

I'll have to wait to see it for myself, I guess, but I get the feeling this could have been better designed in the proper context - by allowing you multi-choice questions (like Elite Force 2) for mission selection while talking to someone, or by walking up to a holo-console in the academy (or on board your ship), and seeing the planets appear, and then pick your mission from there.

I'll have to wait to see it for myself, I guess, but I get the feeling this could have been better designed in the proper context - by allowing you multi-choice questions (like Elite Force 2) for mission selection while talking to someone, or by walking up to a holo-console in the academy (or on board your ship), and seeing the planets appear, and then pick your mission from there.

That's what I was hoping/expecting too. Maybe there'll be a GOLD edition that has something more interactive. :rolleyes:

Archived