Home

Nightlight (tries to) pull it's act together

MJ

And would have a hel of a lot of luck too if the forum didn't keep eating the posts.

What good has been happening for Nightlight, I hear you ask? With me moving three hours away from the recording studios, Lawrence (who voiced Miguel, the Narrator, and Lube) being busy with working in plays (not that it's a bad thing, I'm really happy for him), my computer video card packing it in and not being able to afford a new one (it's a bit hard to edit radio without a computer!), plus there's all the bollocks at the moment with the website/server issues, and if that doesn't cripple Nightlight, I don't know what will!

Stuart came back to the fold. He moved back to Newcastle from Queensland not too long ago, and the day before I moved to Sydney we managed to arrange a recording time. So with one day before my impending move, I found myself in a recording studio with Stanley and Stuart recording two half hour Howard specials, one titled 'No One Rules Forever' and the other 'Tax Another Day'

These half hour specials, I hope, will be online later this year. I've got a total of four half hour specials waiting around to go online as it is.

When Lost Cause 2 is recorded (note the WHEN, not an IF), and if Lawrence isn't available for it, expect Stuart to fill the voices of both Narrator and Lube. For the show must go on. But I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

Oh, the other final news is that the BBC turned down my one hour comedy 'Pharaoh: Ruler of the Nile'. So I'll have to see about cutting it into parts and recording it for Nightlight. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

(I guess I always am the earliest to respond to things that don't concern me.)

I'm very happy that there will be a sequel to Lost Cause. If Stuart's "Le Parka" is any indication of how good an actor he is, I bet he'll do well as Lube and the Narrator. Does this indicate a possible Tierra 2? (Noohh aboot the swashbuckin' adventure!!!)

On a different note, I'm trying to burn Tierra de los Muertos onto a CD. I've encountered two problems. One, the format of the Mp3s can't seem to burn onto CD correctly. With "Lost Cause," I had a mp3-wav converter that solved that problem by "normalizing" the mp3s, but I ran out of trial uses with the program (ain't I a cheapskate?) and now I'm wondering what it is that makes it unable to go to CD, and how I can fix that. My second problem is that I put the cast on the CD, and I'm not sure what Lawrence's last name is (I looked hard and I think it's Galkoff) and I don't know who narrated the beginning of Tierra. Stanley?

P.S. I know it's probably hard, given all personal problems and technical issues, to keep the Nightlight on. Your fans appreciate it, just so you know.

No promises about Tierra 2, Lost Cause 2, or anything else for that matter. Always hopes, but never promises.

Lawrence's last name is Aitcheson. And I can't exactly remember what the opening of Tierra sounds like but from memory... you're hearing the voice of Graham Wilson. In the special edition, those lines were re-recorded by Stanley as Number Two.

If you're using nero to burn, you don't need to convert the .wav files. Just burn them straight. Beyond that, I can't offer advice, as I never had that problem (having the original full quality wav files on my harddrive probably had something to do with that).

It is hard, yes. My life really sucks at the moment. Every aspect of it, without exception. I just hope there's some people still around once Nightlight eventually powers back up. :( Thanks for posting, D and Merc.

Hello

I´m very new here so, sorry for my bad english ( just school english)

I dont know exactly what to post here, but I want say that your nightlight guys are awesome. Just great =)

It´s sad that nitghlight situation turn out like this, and yours 8 of 12.

What I try to say, there are many people out there, who love all

Nightlife Productions, so do I.

Thats it, great work guys.

If i can do somethin, tell me ( I´m good in nothing =), I´ll always help when I can.

Bye

Another Sal

• 2 weeks later...

Archived