Home

JkRadaint... More Doors

Darksaber_SMC

Hey again! :D

Is it possible (in JKRadiant, Multiplayer) to make a door which will close, and stay shut if you are in a certain area, but if you are the other side of the door, you can still use it?

lol, It may seem like a wierd question :p ... any answers anyone?

--Darksaber :atat::)

Hook a trigger_multiple up to the door, and position the trigger so that it's on ONE side of the door. Then, when you step in the trigger (approching the door form one side only), the door will open...but from the other side, you can't trigger the door to open.

Be sure not to cause any flow problems in a MP map with this.

hmmmm, i gave it a go, and this is what happned :(

I walked up to the door and it did not shut.. just how i wanted it. I then walked into my trigger, and it closed the door :D .... only for it to open again once it reached the top. Am I doing sommin wrong? :confused: How can I get the door to stay shut?

--Darksaber :)

I hope no one minds if I add an extra question to this thread....

I am creating a secret door... I have a invisible button setup to the small slider door you need to crouch to get into... thing is, dont want them to just be able to walk up to the button and have it open... I want it setup so that the person has to press the 'Use" key on their keyboard to get in....( this is a MP FFA map... and I can use either QE or GTK radiant..)

Archived