Home

Lightsaber problems in SP

Elegy

So I reinstalled this game after bloody ages. Downloaded a few mods, played a few multiplayer rounds. No problems. Decided to whip out the single player for a bit. It ran great right up until the point where you get your lightsaber. Whenever I bust out the lightsaber the game and the sound gets all jumpy. It immediately stops when I put the saber away. It doesn't act like this with any other weapon, just the lightsaber. And only in single player. As long as I or another character has a lightsaber out, the graphics and sound is just horrible.

Has anyone ever come accross this? I'm at a loss. I've removed every single mod I ever put in the base folder, because I've had SP probs due to some MP mods and levels before in the past. This game is purely stock now with no modifications and it still acts this way in SP with a lightsaber. It boggles my mind. Why the hell will it work fine in MP and not SP? And why is it doing this now, despite the face that I'm running the exact same video drivers and settings as I was when I'd first had the game installed, and it had run flawlessly?

Nah, I fixed it by reinstalling the game. I think it was the 1.04 patch update. I must've downloaded a bad patch. I've been avoiding reinstalling it to see if it was really the patch or not, so I'm only running on a fresh CD install. I'll put the patch back in after I beat my SP game and see.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problems and it does'nt matter if i have 1.04 patch installed or not. Nor does it matter if i turn EAX on or off.

Whenever i get the saber and from there on out everytime i pull it/put it away or swing with it the sound cracks on my rear left speaker????? (and very loud to boot :( )

BUT when i do MP i have no problems whatsoever.

WTF is that. I can't get it to go away pls help.

I use the latest drivers of everything and the specs are...

ASUS P4C800 Deluxe

1024 MB Dual Head 800Mhz memory

Intel P4 2.8 Ghz H/T

Sound Blaster 5.1

Geforce FX5900

I play a lot of games and JK is the only one showing this problem.

Help me help me. I love the sabers so much but not whith that anoying crack on my rear left speaker....

When uninstalling the game, try using regcleaner(3rd party download) to help remove any lingering links that could cause a bad re-install. Also, clear out the documents and settings temp folder under local settings (may need to turn on settings to view hidden folders) and also try running simple things like defrag and also, how old are the speakers themselves, and just to be sure, check the wires to make sure there are solid connections.

Although the SB 5.1 card is about 3 years old now the speakers 5.1 set is about 4 months.

JK is the only game doing this weird thing. Games like BF, MoHAA etc.etc. run perfect.

Strangest things is that voices and surrounding sounds sound good. Only when, just as in the first post, i pull out my saber things start to get weird.

But i'll try another clean install again with the tips you gave me but i still hope some more peeps had the same problems with other solutions cause the case is that i just installed JK.

Also Andy, during MultiPlayer i have no problems whats so ever.

I pull out the saber and perfect sound.

Could this be, maybe you know, that SP and MP uses different .pk3 files and that maybe my SP .pk3 file got corrupt during install???

Pls reply..

Hey,

I found the problem and man it's so NOT obvious in my opinion.

For some reason my install setted the Force Feedback on?.

By disabling that i had no problems whatsoever with the sound cracking up over my left speaker.

May the force be with you !

:lsduel:

Archived