Home

Gamespy JA Preview

nykel007

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Hmm, they obviously didn't crank all their detail options up. That level looks much more impressive when all of the graphical options are turned on (not sure if I can get into specifics, but it's something that we didn't have in the last game).

do you think that means rain? or those weird lense effects that we havent figured out yet? or something else?

Red lightning could be drain, or maybe your force colour changes based on your alignment. Not strictly correct, but might make things easier to differentiate in MP.

Hilt does look foolishly big in the racor pic.:(

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Hmm, they obviously didn't crank all their detail options up. That level looks much more impressive when all of the graphical options are turned on (not sure if I can get into specifics, but it's something that we didn't have in the last game).

I would hope so...that almost looks like a shot from JK. :\

Actually, wait... no, it's not big enough. Nevermind ;)

Originally posted by toms

Hilt does look foolishly big in the racor pic.:(

As I said ... that is true for that one pic - but also check the female Jedi ... she looks like she has been taking eating tips from Calista Flockhart and Lara Flynn Boyle :eek:

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

As I said ... that is true for that one pic - but also check the female Jedi ... she looks like she has been taking eating tips from Calista Flockhart and Lara Flynn Boyle :eek:

Mike

Well... we can't have big-boned strong women running around saving the galaxy, now can we?

I mean, what would the pre-pubescent sexually-repressed American teengaers have to qawk at then?

Originally posted by Sargasso

Well... we can't have big-boned strong women running around saving the galaxy, now can we?

I mean, what would the pre-pubescent sexually-repressed American teengaers have to qawk at then?

There should be a happy medium some where neither Carrie Fisher nor Nattalie Portman were scary-thin ... preferably the Cate Archer of Jedi - rather than the Lara Croft ... but either would be better than a poster child for anorexia ...

Mike

... unlike the XBox, there are cube games appropriate for a 5 and 6 year old.

What are you trying to say? I hope I'm not misunderstanding you but I'm wishing you didn't call Gamecube a "kiddy" system. You don't want to get me started on that. If you do get a Gamecube, try Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, Resident Evil O, Rogue Leader, and the upcoming Rebel Strike and tell me that it's a kiddy system. If you didn't mean that, then I apologize.

To keep this on topic... Rebel Strike looks like a good game to go along with Jedi Academy and KOTOR this fall.

Originally posted by GC256

What are you trying to say? I hope I'm not misunderstanding you but I'm wishing you didn't call Gamecube a "kiddy" system.

Oh - I'm sorry if that was implied ... what I was saying was that it was 'family compatible', for myself and the kids (my wife has no interest). The point is that the XBox has no kids game, whereas the Cube has games for all ages.

And yeah ... Rebel Strike looks really cool ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

02.jpg

What - THIS? Definitely looks like lightning to me ... but I love the shot you posted ...

Mike

That is DEFINATELY drain!! I mean... that's about exact the same thing as in JO??!! :confused:

Oh and I DO call the cube a kiddy system... No of course that doesn't go for ALL the games, but sure for a lot of 'em... Most cube games I see are either a) kiddy fantasy games designed fopr the cube, real nintendo **** b) normal games, but they are ported from some other console...

I hate the cube :mad: In fact, I don't really like nintendo, just a few games for quick entertainment...

Damn offtopic :o

Oh and the level looks great! What is it? A new nar shadda? Coruscant? Some other spooooky city we don't know about? (I don't know lots of SW cities ;))

Originally posted by HertogJan

Hope so :) But I don't see NPCs :( And no aircraft and no big Neon signs :( Ah well I don't expect it to be the EPII coruscant... Heck, I don't even think it's coruscant :)

I hope they don't do coruscant.... I'm pretty sure they couldn't do it justice. It would be decidingly underwhelming, reminiscent of a certain Dark Forces mission perhaps.

Oh, and for all intents and purposes the most visible porptions of Coruscant should still be as massive in scale, and thus hard to create, during the JA timeline as it was in Episode II.

The screenshot has those neon advertisments similar to coruscant and...

recognise that speeder?

Somthing else interesting is in the shot of the stairs with the player and two NPC jedi... one is the bog standard Jedi2 npc the other is what looks like a fully customized Zabrak...

Archived