Home

Suggestion for JA

Tr4c3r

Hey, I have a suggestion for Jedi Academy... The new sabers and stances look cool, as well as the character creation, but what about custom saber stances? I watch Episode II and see

the jedi on geonosis that mace windu brings and they all got their cool stances going on...

So why not add a stance customization dialog? It would be easy to adjust the stance with hotspots you can drag (in 3d space) on the hands, feet, head, arms, knees etc... You would see this stance that you made when you first turn on your saber, and then the rest of the animations would be as is in the game. It would be wicked!!! I would really like to see this put into the game, who else has anything to add to this? Dev's I hope you consider it :)

What I'm hoping to see in JA is smooth transition between sabre stances. That would really make duels alot more unpredictable and exciting. Starting off in a blue swing and then immediately (Not a 1-2 second pause required) breaking out in a red chop in one smooth action and so on. :D

Originally posted by Shaggy1984

What I'm hoping to see in JA is smooth transition between sabre stances. That would really make duels alot more unpredictable and exciting. Starting off in a blue swing and then immediately (Not a 1-2 second pause required) breaking out in a red chop in one smooth action and so on. :D

Well, can't you now change on a per-attack basis?

But he is talking about saber-on animation, discussed in 'New Saber Animations' thread.

Tr4c3r can I ask (since you are new) that you scan at least the first page to see if the topic exists before starting a new thread. THANKS!

Mike

Originally posted by only1kenobi

No, I think he means the way the character stands and holds the saber - not just when it's ignited... intead of holding it next to his head in the strong stance, for example - he wants to be able to customise how the character "poses"

Oh ... I was confused then in reading this:

Originally posted by Tr4c3r

You would see this stance that you made when you first turn on your saber, and then the rest of the animations would be as is in the game.

So he's saying that they should allow us to customize the 'idle' pose?

Should we be able to do it for all 3 single saber stances, plus the dual sabers and lightstaff? That seems an awful lot for the game to manage ... I'll take the higher framerate and default stances, thanks ... but it is a cool idea.

Mike

You're talking about allowing players to do something in-game that has been virtually impossible for JK2 out of the game.Besides, tat would basically force Raven to code whatever system they use to create animations into the game...but frankly, this is not going to happen. My humble apologies.

Archived