Home

Level of exploration?

nykel007

If they can make the areas at least the scope of JK that would be dope. Personally, i think you can make huge areas with the Q3 engine, but you have to know where to place your area portals so as not to make the engine render the whole level. I actually think they should use the halo engine as it allowed for some wide open areas and good use of terrain.

When I finish Jedi Academy ...

Yoda t's da most saber-ific game eva, it done triped my mine out to who the hoth knows where ...

:)

I am so utterly unhip in terms of street talk and 1337 speak I have to laugh in my own general direction ...

Mike

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

If they can make the areas at least the scope of JK that would be dope. Personally, i think you can make huge areas with the Q3 engine, but you have to know where to place your area portals so as not to make the engine render the whole level. I actually think they should use the halo engine as it allowed for some wide open areas and good use of terrain.

The problem is actually the shader limit...it's 1024 in Jedi Knight II, and if you're using Q3map2 it's very easy to hit the limit...I've had to split a couple of my levels in half because I put terrain in and that was enough to push it over the limit.

I would think that Raven would have to have raised the limit in JA since I remember reading something that said they were using Q3map2, and that their levels are twice as large as JKII's...

Archived