Home

(Legend Of Zelda) Link 3.0, Available for Download!!

Antizac

Originally posted by CaladienJedi

sure, np

Ok, Caladien...

...um...

...I'm sorry, but I kinda need you to do the same thing again.

I just re-loaded the link_3.zip, with a fix for the Master Sword, like (I forgot who) mentioned. He said it was textureless, and I confirmed it and have made the necessary adjustments.

And until then, everyone can download a fix-patch for the Master Sword here.

(you need to copy and paste the link to your browser.)

Just put the pk3 in the same folder you put the master_sword.pk3

ok, but it says it unavalible, ill check back in about an hour, or so.

I was wondering if you could maybe make a seperate pk3 of the deity version, you said it was probably because of all the extra stuff, maybe you could take off stuff like the sheild and sheth off the model?. Anyway, i like the deity, just wierd seeing grey legs going through the shorts lol.

Ill get the download once ur sites back up, no biggy, its a pleasure to host your model. :)

My bad. I looked at the last message and realised, I should have been more clear.

...I kinda meant the link I sent you over e-mail though.

The full "link_3.zip".

I wanted you to update that one on your site, with the the one from my site. =)

I hope I'm not asking too much, but I just want keep everything consistant.

unless, you have a slow connection, then you could just extract the file from "master_sword_fix.pk3" and combine it with the contents of "master_sword.pk3", then re-zip it and upload it to your site.

Whichever is less of a hastle. =)

Thanks, again.

It's fine on my machine, and my brother's machine, and I've had some other people say that it worked on their's...

...but I can't understand why it doesn't work on some other people's machines.

[EDIT]:

Try this:

unzip everything from the link.pk3 into a folder called "link". Make sure it unzipped everything into seperate folders within the "link" folder.

openup the "link" folder, then got to: models/players/link/

and open up "default_deity.surf" in notepad, and replace everything with this:

surfOff "torso_shield torso_shield_back torso_sheath torso_strap torso_collar hips_belt hips_lower_tunic"
surfOn "torso_armor_off torso_pendant_off hips_buckle_off hips_armor_off hips_shorts_off"

Save it.

Now, take the entire "link" folder and zip it.

then rename it to link.pk3, and replace the one in your base folder.

Now, someone tell me if it works. =)

:(, it didnt work... i dont get it >_<, im so tired i cant think, lol.

*EDIT* 8/18/2003**

i tried something new... i totally deleted my lucasarts folder, and reinstalled to see if it was a bug or something, after that i redownloaded link, did what u posted on the .surf, and it still didnt show.

• 2 weeks later...

Antizac, did you omit the saber blade tag on the Master Sword to keep it from having a normal saber blade? I've messed with trying to make my blade dissapear for some time, but I keep overlooking something. It's the last thing I need to get straight before I can release the Sword of Omens model I've got modelled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I tried this in JA, when I got it today. I know exactly what the problem is....

For some reason, MP doesn't turn on "*_off" meshes.

All it requires, is some re-naming, a re-compile, and some script changes.

So, I'll be releasing a fully-compatable JA compatable model (and/or patch) very soon... Maybe even using the swords - I still need to see how that ticks, though.

The sounds, were also not working, but I fixed that right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived