Jump to content

Home

Dark Forces FAQ


Katarn07
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very cool. ; )

 

Of course, it is a little out of date, considering MotS, JK2 have come out since then and JA is coming.

 

Also Kyle Katarn and his exploits are now part of the Expanded Universe officially (he is mentioned in the NJO books, in the New Essential Guide to Characters as well as having his adventures chronicled in a book trilogy Soldier For the Empire/Rebel Agent/Jedi Knight).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a very good idea, because as cool as that FAQ is, it's ugly. Add their content to your pretty site, and it'd be spectacular :D

 

Just wanna comment on the site again. I like the sprites (not sure if that's the right term) in the lower right hand corner. I was hitting refresh over and over to see all the ones you put on there. And it really looks like Kyle's PDA and all. Great idea and great work ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kurgan

Very cool. ; )

 

Of course, it is a little out of date, considering MotS, JK2 have come out since then and JA is coming.

 

Also Kyle Katarn and his exploits are now part of the Expanded Universe officially (he is mentioned in the NJO books, in the New Essential Guide to Characters as well as having his adventures chronicled in a book trilogy Soldier For the Empire/Rebel Agent/Jedi Knight).

 

Don't forget his action figure, which is in the catagorey Expanded Universe, along with the Darktrooper. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I wished now that I'd grabbed one when I had the chance.

 

He came with a Rail Detonator for crying out loud! ; )

 

 

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVED my lightsaber keychain with JK2, but making a new Kyle Katarn action figure for purchase with the game would have rocked even harder....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yeah I wished now that I'd grabbed one when I had the chance.

 

He came with a Rail Detonator for crying out loud! ; )

 

 

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVED my lightsaber keychain with JK2, but making a new Kyle Katarn action figure for purchase with the game would have rocked even harder....

 

Oh, that would have been AWESOME. Just an exclusive too. ;) I never got the Kyle Katarn figure, I never saw it in stores :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't the PC version of JA supposed to come with an exclusive action figure?

 

I remember complaing (who doesn't remember me doing that?! :p) because I was getting it for XBOX and I'd have to get mine from an internet store and Stormhammer said he'd give them to his kids to fight over.

 

Kyle did come with a Rail Detonator, but he also had a beard so he was all outta place. In my opinion, the Rail Detonator was better than just an E-11. Like they hadn't made enough of those :rolleyes:

 

OK that was all off topic, and I think I'll shut up now ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's Kyle and Mohc going at it on my dresser amongst the other EU line :p

 

site1117.jpg

 

You think those are cool, The_One? They came with little cardboard pop up displays, and the Dark Trooper's has the HUD in the front. E-11 out with the shield/ health and and the weapons displays in their proper place.

 

I had to take them down to make room for the AotC guys on the shelf above :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Katarn07

Isn't the PC version of JA supposed to come with an exclusive action figure?

 

I remember complaing (who doesn't remember me doing that?! :p) because I was getting it for XBOX and I'd have to get mine from an internet store and Stormhammer said he'd give them to his kids to fight over.

 

Kyle did come with a Rail Detonator, but he also had a beard so he was all outta place. In my opinion, the Rail Detonator was better than just an E-11. Like they hadn't made enough of those :rolleyes:

 

OK that was all off topic, and I think I'll shut up now ;)

 

He didn't come with an E-11, it was a Bryar Pistol. ;)

 

And, what do you mean about the beard? In Jedi Knight, I'm pretty sure he has a beard. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ZBomber

He didn't come with an E-11, it was a Bryar Pistol. ;)

 

And, what do you mean about the beard? In Jedi Knight, I'm pretty sure he has a beard. ;)

 

But the figure is Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces, not Jedi Knight. So he should not have had a beard or Rail Detonator.

 

I know he came with a Bryar Pistol. Kurgan is making fun of how he came with a Rail Detonator. That wasn't in the original DF. He came with that and a Bryar. I am saying it is for the better he came with a Rail Detonator over an E-11 ;)

 

*NOTE* A mod might wanna change the name of this thread to: Dark Forces FAQ/ Kyle Katarn Action Figure Discussion because it is going way off topic from what it was, but has to do with DF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, while we're talking about it, I want to ask you for some help. If you guys have any content or ideas for content that you'd like to have in the dark forces section of jk.net, let me know. I'm adding things to it everyday and trying to get it to be the leader of dark forces info on the net. I'll also be doing the same with Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast. But, I'm trying to focus on df as of now. Thanks!

 

Swoosh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Swoosh

Hey guys, while we're talking about it, I want to ask you for some help. If you guys have any content or ideas for content that you'd like to have in the dark forces section of jk.net, let me know. I'm adding things to it everyday and trying to get it to be the leader of dark forces info on the net. I'll also be doing the same with Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast. But, I'm trying to focus on df as of now. Thanks!

 

Swoosh

 

Ooh... I got lots of Ideas. ^_^

 

Videos

Screenshots

Concept Art

Charector Biographies

Tips

Walktrhoughs

Downlaods

Fan Art

Contests

Wallpapers

Screensavers

 

Just a few ideas. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Videos and downloads will have to wait until lucasfiles is fully operational again. All of our files will be going through there shortly.

 

As far as screenshots...the last time I tried to take screens of Dark Forces, it didn't work for some reason. Perhap because it is dos based the printscreen button won't work. Anyone know a way around this?

 

I'll try to get a hold of some concept art...maybe LEC could help us out with that.

 

Fan Art, Wallpapers, and Screensavers will have to come from the fans. I'll try to think up some contests to encourage people to submit these.

 

Thanks for the ideas though!

 

Swoosh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Swoosh

Videos and downloads will have to wait until lucasfiles is fully operational again. All of our files will be going through there shortly.

 

As far as screenshots...the last time I tried to take screens of Dark Forces, it didn't work for some reason. Perhap because it is dos based the printscreen button won't work. Anyone know a way around this?

 

I'll try to get a hold of some concept art...maybe LEC could help us out with that.

 

Fan Art, Wallpapers, and Screensavers will have to come from the fans. I'll try to think up some contests to encourage people to submit these.

 

Thanks for the ideas though!

 

Swoosh

 

hmmm.... I think theres a program, called Capture-It. That might work for the screenshots....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Swoosh

hmm...I vaguely remember that. Help me track the site down!

 

Swoosh

 

[EDIT] I just found an old news post at massassi about new-legends.net...which is no longer operational.

 

Hmm... I'll search for it on Google... ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Swoosh

hmm...I vaguely remember that. Help me track the site down!

 

Swoosh

 

[EDIT] I just found an old news post at massassi about new-legends.net...which is no longer operational.

 

That wasn't it.

 

Justin Chin's site is:

 

http://www.monsterrocket.com

 

There is a Dark Forces and Jedi Knight section there. You could also host Lundquist's unofficial soundtrack to Dark Forces in mp3 format.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...