Home

Formatting Computer--Anyway to save character?

Teribacca

Hello everyone. I'm a new member of the boards, but I have been reading here since galaxies was released. Finally got around to registering ;)

Anyway, I need to format my computer, and I was curious if there was anyway I could reinstall galaxies and have my character be exactly the same? Is all my character information saved on the servers I play on, or do I have to copy certain files to a CD and then place them in the Galaxies folder after I reinstall it?

If anyone could let me know as soon as possible, that would be great. Thanks!

If you go into your starwars galaxy game folder, there should be text file called log or something like that. Save that file to a disk and then put it back after you have reinstalled everything. This will keep your characters look at login screen instead of the default naked person.

Originally posted by Justi Karr

If you go into your starwars galaxy game folder, there should be text file called log or something like that. Save that file to a disk and then put it back after you have reinstalled everything. This will keep your characters look at login screen instead of the default naked person.

This is only your chat log. Ever notice that when you log back in the last things you read in your chat window are still there?

Though, sometimes, it is worth to save those logs on a disc or a server, if you are one of those who likes to backtrack your logs sometimes. Trust me, it can be a lot of fun, though a bit daunting. But if you never even thought of backtracking your logs, then don't bother to save any info before you wipe your system. It's all server-side, baby. No need to worry.

Archived