Home

Modview giving me a headache

Atlas

Before we go on, just know that this is a SUDDEN problem and i have been happily using modview for quite some time now :)

now, on with the problem. lately whenever using modview, any parts of any model that can be surfed off (IE: Utility belts, vests etc etc) look really choppy. and also generally the area around the mouth and eyes, and the wrists.

I've tried reinstalling The JK2 editing tools, nothing seems to work, if anyone has an advice, it would be much appreciated.

Example screenshot:

http://www.freewebs.com/lordatlas/shot2.jpg

No, it does it on ANY skin or model, they all worked properly before, including the skin in the picture.

Edit: I just realised the link to the screenshot links you to this thread again, at least it does for me. if you have this problem, copy and past the link into your address bar and it should work fine :)

It has to do with the geometry, there must be some view setting that you just tweaked, or you just upgraded/replaced your video card or changed settings on it - I've used modview on several different computers and it does this on crappy computers.

I'd lend you my Dragon (which can render models) but it's not fully ready for this kind of thing yet.

Originally posted by Wudan

It has to do with the geometry, there must be some view setting that you just tweaked, or you just upgraded/replaced your video card or changed settings on it - I've used modview on several different computers and it does this on crappy computers.

I'd lend you my Dragon (which can render models) but it's not fully ready for this kind of thing yet.

well, It's worked fine on this video card thus far, and i haven't changed it recently, so i think I'll go with that i changed some view settings. I'll look into it, thx :)

Originally posted by Corsair13

What's your Dragon?

It's my model renderer / animation program. I wrote it, which is why I like it --

http://users.sisna.com/tokyopop/construct4.jpg

It has Gourad vertex lighting, just like JK2, and someday it will be able to utilize shaders just like JK2, so that complex skins and shaders can be tweaked without the annoying process of starting up JK2 (or JA) to have a look at the model and skin.

Wudan, how much of the shader code are you going to be rewriting? I was thinking about doing that for another project, but it proved too daunting. I could do blend modes, some specularity and that, but I would start having a hard time with vertex deformation and tessellation, and especially the new per-pixel light effects JA has.

All the tools I use are completely free :) I'm not that great a coder, as I'm teaching myself as I go along, but I've got a C book, and I'm getting a C++ book soon, as well as some more function reference books. Most of the code is written in a very straightforward C, although it is technically C++, I only use a few C++ specific conventions.

Emon, dunno, shader support isn't a tip-top priority, but I understand that it would prove very useful to skinners, so I do plan on adding this at some point.

I'm at a dry spell atm, any new features are going to have to come after a general code cleanup :(

Anyway, this isn't my thread, sorry for hijacking it.

Archived