Home

Travel Guide

Grey

I recently downloaded a manual for Grim Fandango at replacementdocs.com. This manual features a detailed description of the game's characters and settings, as well as a walkthrough for the first problem.

I just purchased the game, and the manual that comes with it looks nothing like the one I downloaded. It's just basic installation and game-play instructions.

What's the origin of the other manual? Does anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks.

The one from replacementdocs.com is simply the original manual which came with the original distribution of the game. When it was released it came with a card cd case with a brilliant picture inside and a very nice manual (available on replacementdocs.com).

As far as I know, this was discontinued and instead a jewel (plastic) cd case with a thinned down manual was released to take its place. I myself would love to get hold of the original pack again since my card cd holder is all tatty now, and being the collectionist type I want it in its former glory. :(

That's exactly what happened to me ... bought the jewelcase version and I thought they would at least include the "real" manuel on the CD in .pdf format, but they didn't. Thankfully, a kind soul on this board was able to e-mail it to me so I could see what it looked like.

Maybe it just didn't occur to them at the time and they never bothered.. as far as I know GF sold pretty badly so it's unlikely that they would have spent too effort on the packaging.

It's a huge shame really, the packaging and game is the best ever yet it only seems to have a relatively (to other games) small following.

Archived