Home

"Voted of Monkey Island"

Guybrush91789

guybrush91789- i'm guessing your birthday is septmeber 17, 1989? that's interesting...because my mom's birthday is september 17...not in 1989, of course, but it is. anyway...on topic now...

what's with the voted off monkey island thing? i don't think that'd make too good of a title...mainly because it doesn't make sense...

i think those are supposed to be reality tv parodies... and if not, then...

[confused]what's going on here?[/confused]:confused:

Well, "Voted Off Monkey Island" has got to be a parody of Survivor. I haven't seen Survivor personally (reality TV shows make me gag), but it's permeated the American culture pretty thickly -- part of the premise of the original Survivor was that, every week, somebody was voted off the island they were on.

"Yoda Combat" sounds like a parody of Mortal Kombat...rather like Monkey Kombat was...they're probably poking fun at the part of Attack of the Clones where Yoda Kicked Butt.

The others might very well be parodies of something else in popular culture, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Okay, these things always hit me when I've just hit the "Submit Reply" button:

"Wookieworld" = Real World, that MTV reality TV show

"Dress 'Em Up JarJar" = may be a quiet way of parodying that new reality show, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy...with the fashion advice and all. I don't really know that much about it, so.

They just CAN'T call it 'Voted off Monkey Island'! I think that LucasArts should do another title in 'Monkey Island 2: LeChucks revenge' stylee. Here's just a little example:

Monkey Island 5: The Voodoo Lady's Warning

Ok, that kinda sucked but u get my drift.

true, it shouldn't be called "voted off monkey island", but notice the following:

They're kidding. The LEC polls have always been "funny" like that from time to time.

and the poll question:

Which of the following would be your dream LucasArts release?

which means that:

1) they're joking

and

2) it's a dream lucasarts release...thus meaning they never even made a joke about mi5 being called "voted off monkey island"... meaning that the topic of mi5 being called "voted off monkey island" is irrelevant...

oh yeah, and:

part of the premise of the original Survivor was that, every week, somebody was voted off the island they were on.

actually, it's every three days somebody is voted off the island...they just have an episode showing three days of footage every week...but that just shows how much of a reality tv nut i am :rolleyes:

and captain_izzi: sorry if i sound a little arrogant or whatever in my post, i don't mean for it to sound like that. :) it's just that you put the word "can't" in red and all capitals...so i took it that you meant it seriously...and being the a-hole i am, i had to point it out.

anyway...enough explaining, i'm gettin off topic here.

Originally posted by Das Mole

guybrush91789- i'm guessing your birthday is septmeber 17, 1989? that's interesting...because my mom's birthday is september 17...not in 1989, of course, but it is. anyway...on topic now...

what's with the voted off monkey island thing? i don't think that'd make too good of a title...mainly because it doesn't make sense...

i think those are supposed to be reality tv parodies... and if not, then...

[confused]what's going on here?[/confused]:confused:

no 91789 is my zipcode

Because telling us exactly what street you live is always a good idea.

And, yeah, I'm guessing just a joke. Also, if it were to be called that, why throttle George Lucas, I'd doubt if he's even played the games let alone has any input into the game title or production. He gives money for it, not directly mind you, he probably reads about it in a weekly newsletter, and even then it's probably just a few words. Trust me, his company pays for it, that's all the involvement he has in it's making.

I think that people need to worry a little less about LucasArts and take obviously unreal "game titles" such as "Voted Off Monkey Island" as jokes and not as the next Monkey Island game. We all know that LEC is fond of teasing us with jokes about their franchises (anybody heard the "MI5" conversation between Guybrush and Largo that was circulating around last April Fools' Day?"

That was by mix'n'mojo, but while I'm here,

It is really a bit obvious that its a joke name, I mean, I can imagine dress em up jar jar being a highly involving and demanding game.

And wookieworld, what're you gonna surf on.

I cant think of anything to say, thats a first for me.

See ya

Archived