Home

Who is better the Confederacy or the clone army?

Jango_Fett_UK

Windu, I take back every bad thing I've ever said about you (and thats a lot of things). You followed my suggestion well and have earned my respect atleast (no one cares what I think, cause, after all, I no longer play on the zone:D )

Viceroy-I've already said why the gungans aren't that popular on the zone (it includes more than just people hate Jar-Jar and want a Chiss civ), but, in reality, it matters little what civilization you choose. In zone games, most of the fighting ends by mid t3, and the civs aren't that different then to make much a difference. Gungans can execute a trooper rush with the same effieciency that the reps or the rebs can, and are just as suseptible to one. The general strategies remain the same no matter who you play as or are playing against, unless they are very specific strategies made to utilize one of the minute bonuses of a civ to its maximum (only thing I can think of right now like that is the naboo nova bonus). And your supposed majority doesn't make games, and doesn't realize that civ uniqueness and civ number are inversly proportional.

Darth54- You hate Sith:confused:

Who says you're the majority outside Viceroy?

Do you realise how difficult it is to balance a game?

Ever played Aok? The game with the worst balance between the civ ever?

So what if we don't add a civ? Does this means it's bad? Which one of us wouldn't want to have more civs? We all do!!! But we also know it's so hard to achieve that for the sake of a good game we have to make some sacrifices.

Now you want a game with unique unit set or a generic set?

If you want a boring old AoK, RoN, SWGB1 generic set then sure let's have 100 civ.

If you want a cool unique unit set then we have to lower the number of civs. It's inevitable.

ok i play on the zone and i have been 4 quite a whie and when i play other civies like gungans and wookies i don't have a favorite unit and also i am not exactly keen on playng gungans basicly the fact is that the gungans are crap there is no doubt about it the only good thing is the hvy fambana sheild generator and their advanced frigates

so carry on with this debate as i want to see how it turns out

oh and darth windu soz bout the thing on THE ROLE OF MECHS i over reacted

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

Umm...Viceroy, if you think that having different building sets for 18 civs is to be considered unique, you've led a sheltered life. The reason AoK had generic unit sets was because they wanted to make a game with many many civs, just like in AoE.

and it's not a good idea to have many, many civs. Obsessed players will find the 3-5 civs with a slight advantage, and always choose them. Therefore, the 10 others were a waste of time to develope (well, in AoK, there's like 4 (?) different models/art for about 14 (?) civ, so it wasn't really difficult).

@ luke - I don't hate sith, we just had opposing opinions in the Wc3 vs GB/AoM debates, and it carried on with other stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Confed have good good troops, their mechs are actually pretty ordinary, if not quite crappy, missing out on the last attack upgrade as its been replaced by the battle droid tech. Geo warriors are an interesting and sometimes deadly unit.

Republic have an interesting bonus but will only work to ur advantage if u have the economy to back it. Jedi starfighters are nice if u can utilise em good before you die, and jedi are good too.

All in all i think it comes down to who is the better player. I play better at some civs than others even tho people may say the civs i play better at are actually crapper than the ones i play crap with.

Archived