Home

Special moves on accident

BuRn

heh, anybody else pulling off alot of moves on accident and not being able to figure out how to do it?

my top ones: im in a saber lock with dual sabers and somehow im able to throw one of my sabers around in a circle and kill the player while still in the lock

this move is with dual sabers, i manage to do a spinning cartwheel(not the regular cartwheel) looks like the lightstaff cartwheel.

Burn99 i think that the attack you were talking about with the dual sabers is just a result from winning the saber lock. it seems that instead of just knocking the enemy down to the ground like in Jedi Outcast they made your jedi perform different attacks.

For example, when i was using the saber staff and won a saber lock against a cultist i spun the other end of the saber around and killed the cultist after he was locked with the other end. It wasnt a huge move but was just cool to see all those little details like that in the game.

I liked the running up the wall now where you can keep going as long as you don't run out of force or wall space. Kinda hard to pull off, I keep doing the wall grab thing half the time.

Other moves I found were the forward+attack+jump with the lightstaff does a cool back twirl jump move like maul did in ep1.

Forcespeed+forward+jump does a cool speed jump in where if you hit a wall you do a wall grab and jump back off it otherwise you do this skid along the ground move.

a cool forcepull+attack move lets you pull an enemy towards you and stab them at the same time, I like the duel saber variation of this where you can cut them in half.

Binding taunt in console still works along with a couple of others that look cool, gloat i think was another.

And alternate moves with the lightsaber +forward+attack looks very nice, esp the lightstaff move.

it looks like changing the player model for SP is as simple as typing in playermodel (npc_name) in the console. I typed playermodel kyle and I was kyle :) I tried to change my character with a qui-gon model but it didn't work. I think it's because the player files for our player skin are mixed with 4 or 5 variations on the male skin so if you just do the .pk3 file changing the folder to read models/players/hm (hm for human male) it wont work. So i twiddled my thumbs for a sec then saw the kyle folder looked the same as in jedi outcast...:) my kyle is now Qui-Gon. Type player model kyle in console and I can play as qui-gon. I'll have to find a better substitute for using the kyle character to ones like the normal jedi or something so kyle can go back to looking like the bantha hurder we all know he is. Once the full game comes out we'll be able to do what I always wanted to do in outcast where you can have a robed jedi or unrobed jedi with a press of a button anytime in the game. So for eg: with the ep1 obi model you could change jedi skin over to obi with robe and maybe bespincop to obi unrobed. bind i playermodel jedi, bind o playermodel bespincop so when you press i your obi with robe, press o your obi without robe all in the time it takes to press a key. :)

Originally posted by BuRn99

my top ones: im in a saber lock with dual sabers and somehow im able to throw one of my sabers around in a circle and kill the player while still in the lock

Yeah, I wondered what key I'd pressed when that happened to me. It looked way wicked. :D

Some of the new moves are a little hard to pull off...it needs very precise multi-key depression to get some of them to work every time, but when they do it just looks great.

And I'd have to agree that having ready access to a 'how to' for the moves in the game is a nice addition.

Forward thrust seems to do quite a bit of damage. A few of those, and a couple of other slices (cartwheel and forward twirl) seem to finish off most of the Cultists nicely. :D

I have to say...I think I used a far wider range of moves in each duel than I ever did in JO. And duels on broken ledges - fighting on the brink of a precipice...made some of the action really tight in the Tomb level.

Archived