Home

New Vader For Jedi Academy!

nls

Would anyone like to put my vader model into Jedi Academy for when it ships? Its optimized for the game and already textured. Sithlord II never got around to helping me add the animations etc for jk2, so its just been sitting around. If you'd like to add it to the game for me please msg bbkarrtoon on aim or icq 10009158. Thanks!

vader.jpg

compare.jpg

very nice.

I read somewhere that the models in JA multiplayer are not going to have that "crooked/bent" spine stance the JO ones did and actually stand up straight with a proper torso.

hope it's true because it's a shame to have a detailed model get all bent to hell and distorted.

that looks nice, doe she replace anyone in single player or just mp modle? if its just mp, then i guess i will change it and edit to be a sp modle, dont know who i will replace with it, so far all the badies look killer tight. i do need a modle for kyle, but i will use the df kyle modle that came out not to long agao, best kyle moddle period!!!

I don't really mind the cape. The model lloks great, though the model does seem a bit shinier in the multi-view shot than ingame.

On the other hand, the one thing that keeps this model from being perfect imo is that huge hole in the torso when he swings his saber.

Originally posted by nls

Would anyone like to put my vader model into Jedi Academy for when it ships? Its optimized for the game and already textured. Sithlord II never got around to helping me add the animations etc for jk2, so its just been sitting around. If you'd like to add it to the game for me please msg bbkarrtoon on aim or icq 10009158. Thanks!

Looks great! It should actually load just fine in JA if it loads in JK2. One thing I'd suggest, though: add specular and an environment map to his armored parts, it will add a lot! You can see how we did that for the TIE pilot and the Imperial Protocol droid. You will need to make sure that the armor parts are their own, seperate surface, though, but it will be worth it!

Nice Job!!!

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Looks great! It should actually load just fine in JA if it loads in JK2. One thing I'd suggest, though: add specular and an environment map to his armored parts, it will add a lot! You can see how we did that for the TIE pilot and the Imperial Protocol droid. You will need to make sure that the armor parts are their own, seperate surface, though, but it will be worth it!

Nice Job!!!

Hey Mike how well do you think the cape will animate in JA and any suggestions to how to make it better animate/clip for in-game/cutscenes as well for any possible MOD featuring him.

Originally posted by Andy867

Hey Mike how well do you think the cape will animate in JA and any suggestions to how to make it better animate/clip for in-game/cutscenes as well for any possible MOD featuring him.

Well, it depends. We don't have bones for a cape, but with creative point-weighting, you can get the cape to look pretty good. But you're not going to get a billowing cape or anything like that unless you make a new skeleton with additional bones and either animate the cape yourself or write some code to programmatically animate those cape bones (that is certainly doable for modders if they poke around in the cgame-side bone override code to see how we programmatically control the spine bones and ragdoll stuff... I'd love to see something like that!)

Archived