Home

The Saber Sounds

xtrazx75

I don't like the current Saber Sounds - I prefer the sound of Luke's Green Saber (ROTJ) & Count Dooku's Saber (Ep2).... If you listen to Dooku's or Luke's saber - it's a very deep crisp sound and it much more pleasant to the ears. I know I'm being picky - but there was this TRUE SABER SOUND mod for outcast that fixed that.

Anyway, It would have been nice to hear the Dooku/Luke-green saber sound or the Darth Maul's saber in the game. DOES ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS or is it just me? Does anyone notice that Maul's saber sound deeper and different to the regular Jedi's?

From what i do know about the game, it is still based on what you put in the base folder, so, for instance if i put custom sounds there then the game would reflect those changes. As far as the sounds sucking, if you look at the defaults there are at least 9 clash sounds, about three of them are the same crackling noise.

The ones i made were used previously for JO and were not released. They are much louder than the defaults and contain the whooshing ons and offs, i also tried to get a good mix of old and new school clash sounds to make it all the better. I'll upload them to this and other sites on the day of release.

Be nice to test them in the demo, but since the demo is running in Restricted Demo Mode, no 3rd party files can be used since it was will come up in the main console with a Corrupted Pk3 error... I tried editing the assets file to maybe think it wouldn't care if the files were in there, but it is very strict and knows the file size and what files should be in there :mad:

Originally posted by crow_nest

The default sounds sUx0rZ.

I haven't tried the sound mod from jk2 yet, it may not work for the JA demo.

I forgot - I was running the sound mod from JK2 for so long I forgot about it! But that's a good question - anybody know (I don't know how they would know, but it's free to ask ;)) if the sound mod would work without modification in JA?

If you play as the Reborns (playermodel <modelname>) you will notice their sabers have a slightly different sound than Kyle and the player...

PS: Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Demo has all mods disabled (so you can't run external pk3's or edit the pk3 or it will stop you from running it with an error box).

Archived