Home

Tape to MP3

Darth Groovy

I recently found a stash of all my old demo tapes from various bands I was in. Unfortunately they are all audio cassettes. Some of them are regular down mixed 4-track demo's, and some of them are just tape recorded garage practices. I was wondering if there was an easy and inexpensive way to convert these cassettes to mp3, wav, or something similar? When I say inexpensive I mean, as close to free as possible. I just bought a car and paid tuition, so I am so broke I can't afford to pay attention. I been promising to post some of my songs up here for a long time, but never had the knowledge or ability of how to do such a thing. Please post or pm me. If you wanna chat online, you can reach me either in #lucasforums (mirc), darthgroovy@yahoo.com, darthgroovy@hotmail.com, or darthgroovyii@aol.com(trillian)

Thanks swampies,

Groovy:cool:

I believe they make a device that does that hooks into ur pc. You could also if you have one of the first CD Burners that came out, is to hook up a cassett deck up to it and I believe that it will burn to CD. After ur CD is done just copy the tracks to ur pc. Im not for certain, but I think it will work.

Audacity is a free waveform editor/ recorder, like Sound Forge, but free.

Get it here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

If you are running Win9x you can use ProTools Free. It has 8 audio tracks.

http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/

If you have more than a stereo line input to your soundcard you could record all of the tracks directly off of the 4-track and then re-mix them inside ProTools.

*darth eggplant haunts the forums in the swamp and comes across this thread (makes a copy). emails (said copy) to a close associate; sinister eggplant who works for for the Ministry of Zim. sinister eggplant brings the email to the Irken Ambassador; Invader Eggplant, who then goes off into cyber land in search of darth eggplantrix. finds the eggplantrix asleep in front of his computer with some headphones on, Invader Eggplant takes the headphones, puts them on, listens, cool cool, Massive Attack's 'Dissolved Girl'; wakes up darth eggplantrix, who shuffles off to box of count coco fang cerial, rumages in box for the prize, finds it brings it to Invader eggplant, who takes it to Sinister Eggplant, who takes it to Darth Eggplant, who sends the groovster something to make him go weeeee!!!!!*

of course if you take the blue pill then none of this post happened and you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

Archived