Home

Death Star/Bevel Lemelisk

CCKieran

Question Time- Relating Ep2 to EU;

How can the fact that the Geonosians have Death Star Plans be incorporated into Bevel Lemelisk being the Death Star's cheif designer person? In Ep 2 when I saw the death star plans I immediately thought "This is not the kessel maw" sorta thing.

Anyone got any ideas?

:deathstar

Well it all depends on how complex the DS plans were on geonosis. All we saw was an illustration a.k.a. raw blue prints. Someone still needs to engineer the thing. They probably came up with the idea of the superlaser, but they probably didn't know how to come up with an efficient exhaust system. I think we can still thank Lemelisk for that. His design was very useful in expelling the intense heat of the DS core, as well as inserting proton torpedos if necessary:p

As for the Maw installation, they would need a top secret location for the construction and testing of the superlaser. According to EU lore, the DS1 was constructed over planet Despayr. Who knows? Maybe GL will include all of that.

Jedispy

The Deathstar plans that the Genosians have, are they just for the actual Deathstar itself (ie - the transport side of it)? Perhaps if this is the case and Bevel is the one who creates the superlaser that goes inside the Deathstar, in other word maybe they're not the complete plans... it's been a while since I watched episode 2 :deathstar

Well the plans mean nothing. In the 80's the U.S. had the design plans for the "Star Wars" strategic missile defencse initiative. Although we had the plans for such a weapon doesn't mean anything. We still needed to develop it.

The same goes for the Death Star. The Geonosians had what I believe is the rough draft. It would still take decades to develop the weapon for practical use. Like Han said, "the entire starfleet couldn't destroy a planet. It would take a thousand starships with more firepower than I've ever...."

In modern Star Wars no one knew how to clone but in the older days they did. In modern Star Wars the starfighters are angular boxes compared to the works of art that were in the past. In the past the Egyptians built pyramids, today that would be impossible to achieve. Think about it. The Geonosians apparantly had some untapped technology no one but Palpy and a few select others knew about and they used that technology. I'm pretty sure after Palpy got what he wanted he probably wiped out the Geonosians, you know how bad guys are XD

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is one of those instances where GL has written the screenplay, and not given a toss about EU, Lemelisk, The Maw, Qwi Xux or anyone. Im sure though some clever EU author will come up with a way to explain it, and tie things in together nicely.

Thats what us EU buffs love, am I right ? Perfect example, the whole Jaster Mereel/Fett conundrum, beautifully explained away in the Bounty Hunter game for PS2/GC....

MTFBWYA

Archived