Home

What Do You Think About...

Snafu7

File Swapping, For it or against it?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. File Swapping, For it or against it?

• For It
    • Against it
    • Don't really Care

Well, when it comes to movies, ripped games and software, I personally, think that's stretching it a little bit too much. But for music, I can't look at it badly. Like Chase mentioned, CDs are too expensive and very rarely does it so happen that every song on a CD is liked. People need, if at all, to be allowed to pay on a per-song basis. And nothing outrageous, mind you.

I have nothing against it, I love it! :D

I got some 1960 shows that they don't show anymore *cough*startrek*cough*, and some music that noone would ever sell. ;) It's also a big plus when looking for SNES or N64 roms. As for games and such, yeah, I buy the games, and if its a soundtrack that's just so awesomely supreme I'll buy that too. :)

Welcome me, I'm here to stay now. :p:)

Oh dear ... I do not want to discuss about this.

1. There are two may people for it. So no fair discussion.

2. It takes me too much time to type all that text, let alone in english.

3. I had this discussion way too much.

I just want to say that you all are thieves ... filthy little thieves ... that are responsible for keeping the prices that high.

what did I say ... now they wanna discuss .... But I will not be listening ... not listening!

Originally posted by Young David

I just want to say that you all are thieves ... filthy little thieves ... that are responsible for keeping the prices that high.

Filthy thieves? Let me get this straight; you don't want to discuss the issue, so you resort to petty name-calling? You might wanna take a peek at the community policies, because, believe it or not, they are still being enforced today.

If you don't wanna discuss, then don't bother pressing the Reply button. I expected better from you, YD.

Originally posted by Niwid

But it's only for music, the people getting games, movies, software, etc. are the real theives.

No. People downloading licensed songs are just as much thieves as people downloading games and movies. If you wanna download songs, go ahead, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it's "ok"... it is illegal and punishable by law, just like downloading movies and games.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Filthy thieves? Let me get this straight; you don't want to discuss the issue, so you resort to petty name-calling? You might wanna take a peek at the community policies, because, believe it or not, they are still being enforced today.

If you don't wanna discuss, then don't bother pressing the Reply button. I expected better from you, YD.

Oh common Sherack, you aren't that easily insulted are ya? Anyone (at least Rhett) can see that it was a Gollum immitation.

Aside from the Gollum part, I mean what I say. That people download music/movies/games because of the price is koeiepoep (bullsh*t). Everybody can afford a CD ... but men is greedy, it wants it (but does not need it). But people prefer to invest their money in ... expensive hardware. I promise you, if people could duplicate hardware they would do it and complain that the hardware is too expensive anyway.

In short it's this:

1. People don't like spending money

2. People like blaming others for their faults (e.g. they keep the prices high)

3. When it's not immidiatly punishable, it's recognized as being illegal.

My thoughts...I just wanted to share a little relevation I have had. By Federal law, price fixing is illegal. Price fixing is when 2 or more manufacturers of a product get together and decide to set a certain price for their wares regardless of which company makes it. Now, when we go to the store, do we see different prices for different labels? Nope, all the same. Now, a decision was handed down about this a while ago (don't remember when or to whom & too lazy to find it right now). And yes, the companies could have similar overhead, production costs, etc., etc.; I realize that.

Not to mention that you hear about artists going broke while they have had huge hit records out...Aerosmith, anyone? Who do you think gets most of that money...the record label. When Napster first started, I got in. It actually led me to hearing music I probably would never have been exposed to, Cat Stevens is an example. Not to mention that album sales actually went UP after napster gained popularity.

RIAA, screwing artists and fans alike!

I don't have any shared music on my machine right now...and I haven't bought a new cd in awhile. Last time I did, it was at a concert where I knew most of the money was going to the artist.

Archived