Home

simon and garfunkel are back together!

Kstar__2

yup, they are back, and starting a tour through the usa, here is the ananova news message:

Simon and Garfunkel back together

Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel have confirmed they are reuniting for their first tour together in nearly a decade.

42771.jpg

The couple ended months of speculation, making the announcement at a New York nightclub, and performing their hit The Boxer.

The duo, who had hits with Mrs Robinson and Bridge Over Troubled Water, broke up three decades ago and have always had a stormy relationship.

They reunited for tours in 1983 and 1993 and a performance of The Sound of Silence at the Grammy Awards in February sparked rumours that they could be about to reform once again.

Their US tour is due to begin in Michigan on October 18 and last until mid December.

Simon joked: "Because we go tend to (tour) every 10 to 12 years, I think this is probably going to be the last time that we're going to do this."

He added: "We've known each other since the age of 11. Forgive, forget, move on. It's not like you live forever in life."

source: ananova

OMG!!!

First The Pixies, now Simon and Garfunkle too?

Hey, 2004 may be a good year, and what is best.... only a year away from Episode 3!!!

My dad is a big Simon and Garfunkle fan, and he got me into them at an early age. I'm not a huge fan of them or anything (not like I am with David Bowie :D ), but I do like alot of their songs.

"Scarborough Fair", "Mrs Robinson", "Bridge Over Troubled Water", "Cecilia", "59th Street Song (Feelin' Groovy)"! Man, I need to go buy the greatest hits CD now!

I'm actually surprised that Paul Simon has come down off his High Horse after all these years to finally make this happen. I guess his solo career must have been in the crapper. Oh well, doesn't matter....still good news! Now if we can just get The Beatles to do one more tour, and get David Lee Roth back with Van Halen, the circle of life will be complete! :)

Archived