Home

Blood? (JK2)

jonesdaniel

type

/westside for (bloods)

/eastside (for crips)

if you want to chop off heads and arms you have to type:

cg_dismember X (if I remember correct)

X = a number 1 or higher, the higher you go the more stuff gets lopped off.

as for "blood sprays" you need a patch, there are plenty of them all over the place.

Just search "Jedi Outcast blood patch" on google.

Originally posted by chewbacca rules

type

/westside for (bloods)

/eastside (for crips)

if you want to chop off heads and arms you have to type:

cg_dismember X (if I remember correct)

X = a number 1 or higher, the higher you go the more stuff gets lopped off.

as for "blood sprays" you need a patch, there are plenty of them all over the place.

Just search "Jedi Outcast blood patch" on google.

Yes. The blood stuff is a mod, not a cheat code...

Why do people think blood makes games better?

Well some people think it improves them, others don't. It's a personal choice.

Are R rated movies better than PG movies? Depends on whom you talk to.

I think its good because for one thing, I'm a mature gamer who can tell the difference between real life violence (which I abhor) and fantasy game violence (which is no big deal), second, I think it's good because it lets you know you made a damaging hit (as opposed to a near miss or a lag hit or something).

I also find it a bit more Star Warsy in the case of JK2. We saw blood in the Cantina in ANH, blood when Maul was cut in half in TPM, etc.

Not only that, but there was blood in the JK2 demonstration at E3, so the developers originally intended for the game to be this way (but obviously LA made them remove it, probably to keep a more family friendly image being tied to LucasFilm).

You can download blood patches here (also linked in the saber page of Outcast Strategy):

http://www.blutpatches.de/

Saberrealisticcombat is different than dismemberment. It makes the sabers do more damage and makes the idle saber hurt you a lot more. Dismemberment is only really stable in 1.04 online.

Download the "Balance of the Force" mod. If you get hit by a rocket launcher, Golan Arms FC1 Flechette Launcher, or anything that makes a big bang, you'll get blown to bits with body parts and blood flying all over the place. Seriously. The mod is fun, but that's an aspect of it that I don't care for. It can do without it. But hey, that's just me.

Somebody should post some screenshots to show the various effects between the mods.

The one I posted (JK2_uncut_blood_27) is fairly mild. It primarily shows a bit of a red "poof" when you get hit (essentially the same as the "dust cloud" when you get saber sliced in the unmodded game) plus a small "blood decal" or two on the floor or the wall when you get cut.

It's just enough to show hits and no more blood than you see in the movies.

LOL, cheers K, I just edited my post to show a small version of that one ;) I tried to attach the other pic from the zip file but I couldn't see an attach button, do I have to have power before I can do that sort of thing? :p

Oh, and I wasn't sure what to do with the blood patch one, the file itself is an .exe (only used to pk3's) and the instructions are in German :p I don't want to bugger up my JO install by randomly clicking on it in the wrong location ;)

Cheers anyways,

B.

Archived