Home

So how's Siege Mode?

Guardian Omega

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well if we could get some non illegal version servers running on siege mode I could tell you, unfortunatly I've only seen one siege server thats using the retail version and when I try to connect it dosen't get past "Awaiting Gamestate".

Hell, if we could get more than a few non-illegal servers in any gametype I'd be happy.

honestly i was expecting it to be a joke, but it's actually a blast!

for the entire 10 minutes you can actually play it that is. they only "siege" taking place will be that of bugs against your system. "Bad animation number 5376" - "Unknown Event 240" - "Unknown event 256" and so on OVER and OVER and OVER again. playing siege is something like this: almost complete an objective - crash - reconnect, almost complete again - crash - reconnect, finally complete it - crash - reconnect, crash, reconnect, crash... until you just give up.

Originally posted by Intrepid_JKII

honestly i was expecting it to be a joke, but it's actually a blast!

for the entire 10 minutes you can actually play it that is. they only "siege" taking place will be that of bugs against your system. "Bad animation number 5376" - "Unknown Event 240" - "Unknown event 256" and so on OVER and OVER and OVER again. playing siege is something like this: almost complete an objective - crash - reconnect, almost complete again - crash - reconnect, finally complete it - crash - reconnect, crash, reconnect, crash... until you just give up.

Just so you know, you're the only one I've heard report that. I've been playing Siege online myself and haven't had that happen. It could be a bad server. Try a different server.

Basically you have your standard Jedi plus a bunch of non-Jedi.

The non-Jedi classes get inventory items instead of Force powers and they start with different weapons.

They also get melee (fists) instead of lightsabers. So I imagine this would be a blast with g_debugmelee 1 turned on. ; )

I haven't gotten to play ANY multiplayer, because I can't get my router to let me play JA. I've tried opening all kinds of ports, but nothing seems to help... no server list, can't join my own server, it bites...

I wonder if it would be possible to mod some bots into Siege? I really want to try the game out... considering that's the feature I was most looking forward to.

just start the game and 'addbot' in console. There are no botroutes though, so you will have to make them before you can play normally.

Also, as far as I remember, the bots only have basic attacker/defender behavior, so don't expect too much.

Archived