Home

The Return of Kick (among other things)

CaptainJackZ

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg. gk, pk, k, ptk, gripkick, roll, strafe jump, weak sabers. This is whats taken out.

Added:

Duel sabers (spamming for noobs)

saber staff (available in JO)

kata (only a fool would walk into, definately not an fc)

Thats whats added. Any JO player can learn this is 30 seconds. All other feautures were in JO and if they were effective in ctf, we would have already used them. So you see, nothing new to leran and all ways to kill an fc gone.

You obviously haven't got a clue about how s/o ctf is run, so please don't interfer. It doesn't concern you. What we ask for equally won't affect your game mode. In short, but out.

So you see, nothing new to leran and all ways to kill an fc gone.

You don't understand do you? All YOUR ways to kill an fc are gone, you just can't hack having to learn new techniques all over again.

All these posts come down to the"l33t" being forced to start over again with a new learning curve. And your only arguments against this are "there is nothing to learn"...please, yes there is, you're just happier to deny it and demand JO back...

You do realise basically what you're asking for is JA in the style of JO...i.e. JO again just looking better. THAT is why people keep using "go back to JO" because that's basically what you're asking for!

Please this isn't about someone crying because they won't learn a new game. JA is the same as JO, they added a kata and took out a load of stuff. Any JO player can learn it in all of 30 seconds. But this isn't the point. I ask you why ALL of the ctf community is saying the same. This reason:
Firstly I love the way people like you declare themselves to be the spokespeople for the entire CTF community. Well I'm part of the fraggin' CTF community, and you sure as poo don't speak for ME.

Secondly, I very much doubt anyone's interested in hearing the old "THIS IS NOT A NEW GAME THIS IS JO IT SHULD BE CALLED A MOD" nonsense. It's a new game, live with it.

For crying out loud. You people are so single minded over your own POV.
Irony is just a transition metal with a semivowel on the end to you, isn't it.

Where's the fellow who says "pot to kettle: 'You're black.'" when you need him...

Ways to stop him:
Make up some new ones.

Your blinded by your own ignorance. Imagine this hyperthetical situation:

Raven removes blue and yellow styles

Ctf is fine, we use red nearly always. Duel community cries.

Guhh, SO many duellists only ever used red... your example is like your argument.

We never said we spoke for the entire ctf community. Only ctf saber only. Ur probably a gunner so u must love this new game. All the maps are designed for gunners too. But I don't really care about that. It's new maps new maps are good. But ur still not realizing the point. There is no new strategy to learn to kill the fc. u simply can't. u can't even rage dfa anymore, thx to dfa costing force. A person who is capper is invincible. UNless they're a complete moron and jump constantly over gaps with no absorb on, or they're on the dark side.

There is no new strategy to learn to kill the fc. u simply can't. u can't even rage dfa anymore, thx to dfa costing force. A person who is capper is invincible

Yes there is, it's just NEW and because you don't know it yet, you're frustrated and so complain about it instead. Something as bad as that would have been picked up during internal and beta testing, cuz invulnerability is a very bad thing.

Why is the entire ctf community saying the same thing. Fine you might kill an fc who hasn't a clue what he's doing, but for a clan matcxh, an fc who knows what to do, he is now impossible to kill. This isn't a question of learning new things, because there is none.

Granted new saber swings, but take away the ways to stop the fc from running away in the first place and these swings become pointless in ctf. Remeber the fc wants to survive at all costs. He won't fight you, he'll run, have a healer, and infinite force. There are no longer ways to counter this.

This isn't a question of learning new things, because there is none.
There are no longer ways to counter this.

I'm still willing to wager it's all the "l33t" not being able to find ways yet and so complaining prematurely, hell all this started the day it was released! Less than one week and you've all officially declared the carrier invulnerable....could become a new saying around here "the kickin l33t become the cryin n00bs" - has a ring to it :rolleyes:

I've played 3 games of unorganised, public ctf (with fc's who ar,for want of a better word, noobs. They hadn't a clue what to do). All games lasted in excess of 45 mins (one was 66mins), tied at 0-0. All 3 games finished because the fc left.

Imgaine what it'll be like with organised ctf teams ie. clan match.

You don't play s/o ctf or are new to it, its evident from your posts. This is the entire s/o ctf community saying the same thing. All other JO ways have been tried and failed (which is why we don't use them). The new kata is obviously a failure as prestated. No new ways to stop /slow an fc. Its not about new things to learn, its about no new things to learn, and old things aen out.

We just want a patch enabling togglable feautres like kicks. This way, it won't concern you or other game modes.

Originally posted by CaptainJackZ:

We never said we spoke for the entire ctf community.

Wrong. Look:

Originally posted by Comm539:

I ask you why ALL of the ctf community is saying the same. This reason:

Jackz, Get your facts straight, if you have any.

Ur probably a gunner so u must love this new game. All the maps are designed for gunners too. But I don't really care about that.

I play all game modes, but CTF without guns has always been a favourite of mine... as comic relief. And yes I do love this new game. I'm glad you don't like it. I hope it upsets you greatly. :D May the same fate befall all whiners.

ok smart ass, u find a way to kill the fc in JA. I've seen matches go on for 60 min 0-0. So if your so brilliant u go and find a way to kill the fc.

Wahaha, he's not the one whining about it. It's your game mode, it's your complaint. Do your goldarned research before you come crying to the LF about it. You go and find it. You be the hero to all the poor put upon sabres-only CTFers...

Snnzxxxxx...

Its not about new things to learn, its about no new things to learn, and old things aen out.

Ah, there you have it then. There are no new things to learn. Straight from the horse's mouth. Anyone want a pizza? I want a pizza.

We just want a patch enabling togglable feautres like kicks. This way, it won't concern you or other game modes.

People like you always want a patch for one thing or another. If you spent half as much time playing the game as you did brooding about how Raven won't give you the hundreds of patches you want every five minutes, why... you'd probably be a REAL Jedi. Levitate your mouse for me, go on! :D

Again, people who know nothing about s/o ctf, or the ones who pretend they do, please go away.

Explain:

How to stop an fc in JA s/o ctf (for the benefit of the people who read this post even though it doesn't concern you, fc = flagcarrier. Remember, a guy who has infinite force, speeds away, won't fight and has a healer)

In short, there isn't a way. You could kick them, pull throw kick them, grip kick them, dfa them, rage dfa them, strafe alongside them, roll to them. Only ways. All gone. Rephrasing, all of the s/o proffesional ctf community (not the guy "I played ctf once one day so i'm the community) wants the features reintroduced. They could be toggleable, so it won't effect any other gamemode. I really miss why you are arguing against this.

Finally, instead of flaming saying 'learn some skill', i invite you to explain how to kill this guy. I hope you can be as enlightening as the other suggestions of "shoot him" or "send three people after him"

Christ people, the game has only been out for several days and you say there is nothing to learn. There is always a way. Back in AvP2 the way to take out cloaked campers was tracking rockets, it took about a year for every one to figure this out but it paid off. No this, if this was an expantion pack then you could complain about thigns being take out. If you can't stand the CTF server go play duel or whatever, or even better: go play JO, nothing was taken out of that? Just because Academy came out doesn't mean you can't play JO. You said it your self that nothing changed, so why are you here complaining when you could be playing JO were there is no "usless katas", "spamming duel sabers", and the best part is you have your beloved kick. Instead of going on for 3 pages complaing about stupid things, you could go do something worth while, like ride a bike with your friends (if you have any).

There's a lot of posts in this thread, so you'll forgive me, but there are two types of "kicks" in JA right now...

"Staff style" kicks which work when jumping or standing, etc. These are usable in MP for non-staff users if you enable g_debugmelee 1. Switch to fists (melee) instead of your saber (set saber attack to 0 force points in your profile, or else pick a non-Jedi class in Siege). Now you can kick the same as staff.

However, the classic JK2 style "flip kicks" seem to be carefully hidden (if they are still in the game). If you use g_debugmelee 1 in SP, they work perfectly, just like JK2 MP (just make sure you have level 2 force jump, then switch to saber or melee to use them).

But in MP they don't seem to be there. We'll keep looking though...

In the end, I don't think it would be hard at all to make a mod that adds them back in. Some people would hate it, others love it, but that's the beauty of mods.

We're not just complaining, we are asking for the features to be toggleable in a patch. We move to JA becuase of better graphics, new maps and bigger community. No one said some new stuff in JA is no good, we just want the new stuff, in addition to the old stuff for our gametype (otherwise its unplayable).

The idea of a mod is already under way, but they have to wait for the sdk, then make the mod and even then, another mod may be released and competitions and ladders are divided over which mod.

I'm sure i heard they were in the beta, so surely raven can add the features as cvar toggleable, that way making it 'official'.

btw, I got teh friends, just not teh bike :(

I would like to warn everybody here to lay off the flaming and personal attacks (yes, that includes labelling other people on here "n00bs" for disagreeing with you).

For ME, it isn't such a big issue, because I prefer to use every weapon in CTF (and yes, that includes full force and sabers).

Having trouble killing the capper? Try this... g_saberdamagescale 3.

Now sabers do 3 Times the Damage they do in duels!

The part about "dividing the community" is irrelevant.

If it's a mod, it will divide between the people who use it and the people who don't.

If it's a server option built into the game, it will divide between those who use it and those who don't.

If it's in a patch, it will divide between those who use the patch and those who don't.

Etc.

If it's in the game, people will complain and want it removed.

If it's not in the game, people will complain and want it added in.

Raven obviously felt this is the way to balance the game.

I have a feeling (they can correct me if I'm wrong, as I very well could be) seems to favor certain gametypes.

For example, they favor 3rd person view for sabers, which is why they didn't bother with a transparent skin for first person sabers.

They favor Dueling with sabers only (which is why they only give you the option to use a blaster pistol as an alternate weapon, rather than everything like in JK2).

And I may be going out on a limb here, but they seem to favor CTF with guns or Sabers+Guns, but not sabers only. So for them it probably didn't mean a whole lot to remove kicks.

Again, I am all in favor of it being added to the game as a server option either through a mod or a patch (unless it's already hidden there, and we just need to find it).

Dividing the community always happens in a game with tactics and options this diverse. You can't stop it, you just have to find what parts of the game are fun and use those. And if it's not fun for you, then go find yourself another game that is!

Seriously though, we can express our disagreements without flames. I encourage you all to try to be more understanding... (some of you are doing a fine job, but I think you know who you are).

yes i always hated kicking. only for noobs that can not learn how to learn the intrickercies of saber moves. hahaha you guys want to flip kick swift to the face but you don't realize that's not the movies like. why don't u go learn how to actually get some SKILL and then maybe u can kill the flag carrier hahahaha. you probably don't even know the new skins for darth maul or how to spin kata his double saber becuz all u care about is ur stupid lame cheat kicks (NOT IN THE MOVIES U NOOBIES). so what if saber ctf isn't good that game took no skill. i went to saber ctf one time and all they did was swift kick me to face down into holes now what kind of skill is that?!? i tell you, none skill, its just how fast u can press the jump button that's all. now, if u wanna learn some real skill go to ffa or duel server and learn the REAL game - that is, SABERS, like a JEDI KNIGHT, not some lame karate dude lololol. in short, stop complaining u whiners raven is 110% right to take out lame kicks so we can concentrate on our SKILLFUL saber swingers + heal when we get hit. my only complaint is that now the red dfa takes force to use, why make the most skillful moves in the game take force too use?!?!? at least now we can do more acrobatic moves like hang on to walls or run them up the walls that is so cool (like a real master of the force). honestly why complain about some stupid stuffs like kick when u get all those cool new things to do that make the saber battle so more IMPRESSIVE and AWESOME like a real jedi?

I keep hearing "There's lots of ways to kill an FC!!"

Okay, here!

An FC has the flag and is a little ways in front of you with speed and absorb and an energizer behind him. What do you do?

Attack? Nope, he has speed and you are behind him.

Kata? Nope, because you lose 50 force which makes it more impossible to catch up.

Speed up and kick him off the platform? Nope because kick has been eliminated from the game for an odd reason.

Probobly because all you people whining about kick whoring. So tell me, what's new in this game that could stop an FC who's in front of you, running away (not fighting like a noob fc), with speed and absorb, and with an energizer. This is the STANDARD fc in ACTUAL MATCHES. So please, enlighten me.

lol myth, we keep asking this question and no one has replied other with things like "shoot him." "slow him down" "pull him into a hole" "send three people after him" "slash him" "kata him"

unfortunately, all of these things are either common practise (see "send three people after him") or would never work against a flag carrier who is not retarted.

If indeed the majority of the Saber only CTF community feels that there's no way to kill a flag carrier...then maybe a problem does exist. I don't see how everyone can discredit their complaints without presenting a solution.

Pyro: Impressive looking moves that resemble the movie do not = skill. Neither does swinging a saber and healing. Skill involves being able to defeat your opponent through whatever legal means necessary. Kicks were a part of JO, therefore they were not cheating.

I suggest this article.

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

I'm not flaming...just trying to help.

Archived