Home

The Return of Kick (among other things)

CaptainJackZ

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol what about if they put in the Debugmelee 1 grabs for use?

lol u could grab the little flag carrying bugger, give him a couple of hit and throw him on the floor.

and u would look cooler than bouncing like a nutter.

would also keep the flag carrier down longer as u have to go through the whole animation plus being on the ground, giving time for your team to catch up and pin him in

The thing is guys, it's ALL THERE.

We don’t need new animations or anything.

We just need things unlocked.

I can double tap kick off walls in sp, side kick off them too.

Unlock it.

I want to use a saber, trust me I do.

But when my basic swings do almost NO damage and my specials ALL cost 25-50 force (and really don't do much more damage) what is my incentive to deplete my pool and put myself at risk?

Unlock/remove the special force usage restrictions.

Simple fix.

Grip?

Why grip a guy or even put points in it for that matter when there is no way I can prevent him from breaking it.

It’s a waste of time.

Remove the line of sight restriction.

Fixed.

AL - The entire point of playing this game over the other ones out there is the fact that this game has sabers, and it has force powers. That's what makes the JK series of games different. Raven acknowledged it simply by letting you start the single-player campaign with a saber, instead of having to play through a few missions like in JKO. Now, seeing as anyone who enjoys Saber-Only games has more or less realized that without kick and without damaging moves, this game is pointless...maybe as a company you would like to fix that.

However, all of us have remained relatively civil to you, but all you've done is try to flame us. You've said it multiple times - you don't like S/O CTF to begin with - so why are you commenting on any of these posts? We don't care what you have to say because you're disregarding what we're saying. So why don't you shut your ignorant pie hole and let us try to repair an already damaged community? Look at games like CS, Q3A, or anything else. What keeps them alive? What made a ****ty little mod to HL (not a particularly popular MP game to begin with) become a HUGE success? One word for you: competition. Considering the fact that CS has, without any big company support for a long while, become basically the most popular game online...simply because it's balanced, fun, and easy to be competitive in....maybe Raven would be wise to take a lesson from that game...

To anyone who's been busying anally pleasuring themselves and saying that we should find a new game type, well guess what. JKA's gun system isn't good enough to be big in the tournament ladder. Why? Because other games do guns better. As I said before, this game is about sabers and force, and the only leagues that will live for THIS game will take that into account. I.E. S/O FF dueling, team dueling, CTF, and that's it. Never underestimate the drawing power of word of mouth. JKA's launch is already a ****ty one to begin with.

Anyways, do us all a favor Al - shut your ****ing mouth because frankly, I won't be reading any more of your posts because they're a waste of time.

One more thing - Mordred, if by some chance you're actually a JKO player that could kick my ass, I apologize. However, the only players I know that could are in my clan, or in FK, and considering I've been playing these last few months and unless you're in a clan and not mentioning it, you haven't. Therefore, you didn't put the time in. K thx.

AL - The entire point of playing this game over the other ones out there is the fact that this game has sabers, and it has force powers. That's what makes the JK series of games different.
Why thank you for gifting us with your 100% unbiased opinion on what makes the JK series of games worth playing. :D

What you're saying in a roundabout way is: "Ha, my favourite game mode is really the only one worth playing. It's the only TRUE jedi game mode, for TRUE jedi, which I am." News: your favourite game mode existed in JO. It doesn't exist in JA in the same form. Go back to the former. And you're not a Jedi. It's a game.

Now in MY opinion, the reason the JK series of games have been worth playing is because they're GOOD GAMES. Fun.

However, all of us have remained relatively civil to you, but all you've done is try to flame us.
Really? If so, your abortive attempts at civility are merely prideful and snobbish arrogance. I'd hate to see you try to be insulting. But that's coming later in your post.

You've said it multiple times - you don't like S/O CTF to begin with - so why are you commenting on any of these posts?
I should have thought that was obvious. You're the most recent in a long line of people with their begging bowls pointed in Raven's direction, and when Raven has dropped some coppers into such bowls, it's ruined the game for the rest of us. Sure, you believe that your game mode should be ported into JA. Sure, you wheedle with promises that "just a little patching can't hurt anybody now can it, and it won't affect anybody but us, honest honest" but that's just so much nonsense. Whenever another useless mod, a gameplay-altering patch and/or more server-side variables to confuse frankly uninitiated admins are brought out, it degrades the community for the rest of us.

We don't care what you have to say because you're disregarding what we're saying.
Actually I think you'll find that I'm addressing what you're saying. I'm calling it selfish and dangerous tosh. :) Nothing personal. As a person I'm sure you're very nice, but as a lobbyist for gameplay changes you leave something to be desired.

So why don't you shut your ignorant pie hole
Why don't I? Glad you asked... it's because, as your compatriots are so fond of spouting: this forum is for the expression of opinion. My opinion is that you should all cease your dangerous meddling in things you were not meant to comprehend.

To anyone who's been busying anally pleasuring themselves and saying that we should find a new game type, well guess what. JKA's gun system isn't good enough to be big in the tournament ladder.
Your opinion is duly noted, and dismissed. Nice talk btw, sugarmouth. :rolleyes:

As I said before, this game is about sabers and force, and the only leagues that will live for THIS game will take that into account.
The prognosticator extraordinaire. Well mystic meg, why don't you tell me which horse will win the 4:50 at Braintree tomorrow...

I expect you think you're experienced enough to make predictions like that though.

The game is about what the game is about. The game is not about what YOU want it to be about. The game is not about what people THINK it's about. It's not about sabres, it's not about force, it's not about guns. It's about Jedi Academy. Perhaps you should wake up and realise that you own a brand new game, not a patch for JO.

Never underestimate the drawing power of word of mouth. JKA's launch is already a ****ty one to begin with.
Never underestimate the drawing power of using your clan forums to recruit your "friends" to come to this thread and parrot your opinions endlessly.

Anyways, do us all a favor Al - shut your ****ing mouth because frankly, I won't be reading any more of your posts because they're a waste of time.
OH NOS MY LIFE IS OVAR!!11

Did you censor your own swearing there, or was it the server? :p

And how about... No.

One more thing - Mordred, if by some chance you're actually a JKO player that could kick my ass, I apologize. However, the only players I know that could are in my clan, or in FK, and considering I've been playing these last few months and unless you're in a clan and not mentioning it, you haven't. Therefore, you didn't put the time in. K thx.
Translation: If you can't beat me in NG CTF I am within my rights to insult you in a childish fashion.

the weiner dog!: I don't know you, and your support or lack of it is irrelevant to me. In addition, you are in error. I've posted nothing debating the mechanics of NG CTF, or NG in general.

No, I've posted about the possible negative impact of whining to Raven for a patch for ANY reason, less than a month after anyone's started playing the thing. Please read more carefully, perhaps you've confused my posts with someone else's. Not an easy mistake to make, but hey. ;)

As for your assertions that your preferred game mode would be very popular in JA circles, what a load of speculation. And frankly who cares. In JO, I was a dedicated gunner but also a FF sabre duel tournament champion. In JK I was a FF sabres champion. So even if by some freak accident of fate you have "forgotten more about the mechanics and strategy in that game type than (I) will ever know", (taste the ego) remember that JA is a new game, and we'll all have to adapt to it and its new strategies. A concept rapidly becoming foreign in gaming circles.

The ethos of today: "Something, nay, anything you don't like about the new game you bought? Don't bother adapting to it, ASK FOR A PATCH!"

I'd rather Raven ignored everyone who asked for a patch even if their claims bore any legitimacy, than try to appease separate groups of players, opening the floodgates to all those with purely personal, subjective non-bugfix and entirely illegitimate claims. It's that simple. I will not sit back and say nothing while I watch the campaign for "1.03: The return" gathering momentum. This is almost exactly how it started the last time.

1) Is it me, or did Raven include CTF in their recently released game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? Should this game be playable in all permutations in the build sold to the public?

2) Has anyone found a way that a game between 2 equally matched will have a Flag Carrier die in any way not relating to lag or stupidity?

1) Is it me, or did Raven include CTF in their recently released game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? Should this game be playable in all permutations in the build sold to the public?
It is playable. It's not very good, that's all. ;) There's always one mode in every game that's a bit pony, anyway.

Isn't insulting a large portion of your community considered a bad judgement call by anyone concerned with PR?
You appear to be still stuck in JO. The JA community hasn't arrived yet, and nothing Raven can do to JA could possibly insult the JO community. Your mode resides in another game entirely.

Good point side.

Here you go "omg learn the game and give it some time" people:

tell us how to do it since you all are so wise and were the best in the previous game and since this game is 80% the same content tell us how...

oh wait, you guys are umm so-so skilled at best.

ok I'll be quite now.

;)

AL do you even have the damn game?

I'm serious.

It's 80% the same dynamics and game play.

Remove foot from mouth, stop trying to dissect every post bit by bit and pay attention.

It

is

not

an

entirely

new

game

to

learn.

It

has

one

new

gun

and two

new

stances

with

limited

moves

and

a

hell

of

a

lot

of

nerfing.

Can you grasp this?

Can you?

Oh grow up sausage dog, that post belonged in a schoolyard. If that's the height of your maturity perhaps you should indeed be "quite". Besides, it's irrelevant to the argument of the people you're referring to whether there's an answer to that question at all. The issue is not whether JA NG CTF is a good game mode, the issue is that it's a NEW game mode, and whether it's good or not, doesn't mean an abortive, foetal patch should be rushed out to once again doom us all.

Answer my question AL.

Do you have the Game?

You don't live in North America, so I'm going to guess no (I admit I could be wrong though but most euro's including the ones in our clan say it's not out over there).

Am I correct?

Then how the hell can you even FORM an opinion?

Not to mention you DON'T play these game types as you have stated.

Please, oh yee of great wisdom, bring the mighty [FW] clan to the [div3rse] or FK server and teach us.

You know as well as I do you and your clan would be made fools of in a match, so you sit here and chime in on things you know nothing about and try to dissect posts bit by bit to belittle people but all the while not having to actually ever be in a situation where you have to back up your arrogance.

As I stated before, full force saber only was (bold letters here AL, pay attention) the most popular competitive game type in the history of Jedi Outcast in the States, much more so than any other including any gun based games.

There are more active North American clans ready to compete than any other game type.

All we want is a non fan boy RPG game with some serious thought put into the dynamics to compete in.

Can you grasp that Al?

Can you?

I like weiner dogs.

I had one for 18 years.

it died.

:(

oh yeah, just a side note about kicks to Hex:

you may want to tweak the knock back a little (sometimes the kicker flys back farther than the kicked person) and watch out for a nasty "wall walk on a guys face" bug that is in single player when it is enabled via melee command.

both were very annoying and random in single player but did happen at the worst times.

enable cheats first dood.

actually to be honest I have not tried it in my retail sp.

I did it in the demo thing but have not messed with it since I got the cd's.

I remember it was funny how you could "super mario" jump off the tops of their heads in the sp demo and knock them down.

I never really played jk2 sp so this could have been in there for all I know but it made me go "wtf was that" the first time I did it.

good for a chuckle.

:p

I just hope that something is done for the competitive community, I don't really care what. As far as I can tell, as long as there is a way to slow down the FC in ff s/o CTF then they'd at least be minimally satisfied. Putting kick back in would be the easy way, of course. Another decent idea IMO, is for the FC to recieve a speed penalty. It's kind of sad, because I was planning on getting a new computer, buying JA, practicing on FF s/o servers, and then signing up for TWL to try my hand at the competitive business. Now my question is: is it worth it? Not only is Raven upsetting the current competitive community, but as well turning away any future competitive players.

heh

Khier Serakk relax dude.

we may not get anything in the form of official help but it looks like =X= mod is going to put the "game" back in the release so to speak.

right now =X= and div3rse both have servers up or are soon to be up, and FK will have a server or two up soon.

Once you get the game come play with us and I'll personally help you out (this is the guy who posted that demo of me beating the crap out of those [RYA] guys that were messing with you way back in case you don't know who I am).

With a little help we will have you kicking ass and taking names in no time.

;)

The kick does wrk in sp, and I'm pretty ure you don't need cheats. tried it and you just have to have jump at lvl 2 or 3. Idon't understand y they couldn't just take that and put it into mp...although, you do fly back too far when u kick ppl... Oh well, I guess HeX will be fixing that stuff. Thank god for HeX. =)

Archived