Home

The Return of Kick (among other things)

CaptainJackZ

We need kick back, and I know there is the one foot kick with dual sided lightsaber, but that's mainly a dueling technique. Kick as in the same kick that's still in JK2,was a major part of saber only ctf. I know loads of you think it was cheap and too easy to kill people that way, but in jedi academy, it's almost impossible to return the flag. rolling is terrible, it actually makes you go slower?! that's crap and it needs patching. I also think dfa shouldn't cost force to do. That super kata attack, sure that should cost force. But Single saber dfa, no way. What force does it look like is being used there? your not jumpiing high, just forward and swinging your saber. One last thing, I know lots of people are behind me on getting kick back and the other problems I mentioned here fixed. But there are lots against me as well. So I think to make everyone happy, kick and the cost of force to do moves, should be console options. That way if someone is running a server and they don't want kick they can turn it off. Same goes for the cost of force. Well that's all I really have to say. Take it as you will.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the damage as much as it's the getting knocked down and being defensless thing. I guess that w/ the new moves for getting up (where you can kick the crap out of the guy that knocked you down just by getting up) it wouldn't be as cheesy, but then nobody would ever saber each other because you'd just keep kicking each other in an endless circle of KICKING!!!

you know what...maybe kick should do less damage...maybe you should get knocked down less frequently...but it NEEDS TO BE THERE. Why? Because in CTF, the capper moves...and a good capper moves FAST. There's simply no way to slow down the capper in JKA at all...nor is there anyway to kick them off a ledge...so CTF has been shat on. Also, knocking someone down to saber them was one of the few options you had besides randomly swinging your saber in jk2...and now in JKA, you can't touch someone with your saber...you can't bring their health down with kicks...you can't knock them down...and they can just drain back any miniscule damage you manage to do to them...it's a crock of ****. Sure, noobs are happy as a pig in ****...they can't be owned by anyone because there's no skill involved. But what does it matter? Noobs play in public servers with no competition, but there's nothing to attach to in this game...nothing for Clans to attach to, nothing for leagues to attach to...and that's sad.

To all you people who say "well I don't play competitively so I don't want these changes to happen" - well thats all well and good. But for those of us who DO, these changes make it POSSIBLE for us to play competively, and honestly, don't really change the game for you at all. Whether or not kick is in the game...noobs won't notice...but anyone with skill will notice.

your still not getting the point. I said kick should be an "option" in console. meaning it doesn't have to be in your server. jeez, read my post b4 complaining.
How about reading their posts as well? Doesn't matter if it is a server option, what they're saying is kick in general is cheap, if a server admin decides to enable it that server will most likely loose a lot of the players who hate kick; once you give that "kind of power" to server admins you give people choices which basically helps split them up, if the option is never there, no-one can complain about servers - do you REALLY want your game ruined by the guy or two that hates kick but stays on the server to constantly complain about it? And before you say "We'll just 'kick' him :D", what if voting is disabled and there is no admin in site?

To be honest I'm totally neutral to the whole kick thing, I don't care if it's in or not, I loved JO, I love JA, the game is important to me, far more important than the amount of complaints the community is capable of coming up with! And lets face it, together all the complaints in this board alone are like listening to grandparents saying "ooooh it wasn't like that back in the day". Do some of you still not get it? This may be the sequal to JO but it ISN'T JO. Did you play Dark Forces? Was that the same as JO? Did you complain as much then? Be happy Raven is such a community loving company that creates some great games.

Oh look complaint again, but now we're calling people names! I've said this before, I'll say it again, just because someone has a different POV to you, why do they automatically become n00bs? Have you ever thought you might be the person who's wrong and they're right? Or worse still, and heaven forbid, neither of you are wrong and just have different playing styles? :eek: - Then let's not forget, new game, new to everyone, n00b is the last word you could possibly use now!

As I like to say? You're the guy who's posted two posts in this thread about skilled players and n00bs.

Kick as in the same kick that's still in JK2,was a major part of saber only ctf
I dunno man...I'd say that pretty much means we're talking the lack of kick in JA and wanting it back, so what did you mean?

I just hear complaints because what you consider to giving you an advantage has now been taken away and you're not happy that these people you call n00bs are now starting from the same groundstone as you.

Ahem. Kicking was part of the game. I don't care if some people think it's cheap. I've certainly heard enough of the whiners saying it was unblockable/unavoidable. The general CTF Saber only world ALL use kick a lot. You see, we don't like running around slashing while someone else tries to slow down the fc. That doesn't generally work overly well. Now you explain this to me. MY idea, for the console options gives people a choice. Your idea however, is you think it should be gone. Now you tell me which sounds more fair...You have a choice to kick? Or it's just gone and people who enjoyed kicking will not be able to do it again?

Personally, I think my idea sounds a little more fair. Gives you a choice. Oh and if someone comes in a server i'm in and starts complaining non stop about kick, I wouldn't care. I like to laugh at people like that. Besides, if you beat them enough timeds they'll leave. =)

P.S. Dark forces was garbage. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, crap too. JO a major improvement. All you did in jk 1 was slash saber and pull. Unless u played with guns.

Like I said, I don't care if kick is there or not, if they put it in, cool I'll use it, if they don't, I'll find some other way of getting people.

Your idea sounds great...in a perfect gaming world, however as the mass of complaint threads in this one forum alone show, it's far from perfect. I'd love for all things to be optional and set via the server, however gamers are too split...how about expanding on your idea, not only is it server configurable, but voteable as well - that way the majority vote wins, if more people want it enabled, it's on, if more people want it disabled, it's off. One thing you can never argue with as being unfare is a democratic vote - majority rules!

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

mmmmmm.... it's gone... adapt. This aint JK2.

Many of us have tried explaining that, but all these supposed l33t players are having none of it, their l33t status means they have every right to say "this isn't here and it damn well should be!".

Originally posted by [div3rse.syn]

play in public servers with no competition, but there's nothing to attach to in this game...nothing for Clans to attach to.

man why is it claners think they are so go damn good, because they have some crappy tag on thier name, anyone cant start a clan, u dont have to be good, which show because claners get owned on public servers all the time.

just because we dont want to be part of a clan and play on a public server does not make us noobs or crap.

nor does being in a clan make you good.

it people with attitudes like that always put me off joining a clan

I think sidekick should be there. I have seen a few posts saying that they didnt like kick because they were defenseless on the ground -- that is not the case now. If you are kicked you can immediately jump ack up kicking your attacker, or jump backwards and fly away, or roll side to side.

For crying out loud. You people are so single minded over your own POV.

Kill a flag carrier who:

wants to avoid being killed

has infinite force from an energizer to constantly speed away

needs to be killed quickly before a healer arrives (you obviously have to stop him first and since theres no longer a way to do that, this point is barely ever reached).

Ways to stop him:

Pull whorage: He obvioulsy has absorb, meaning you power him up so he speeds off and your left with no force and your saber between your legs.

Thats the only way in JA to stop an fc and every member of the ctf community has stated the same: It doesn't work and ctf is stalemating to 60+ mins.

The suggestion is that kicking and other features are togglable. If you don't like them, keep them off, ctf servers will have them on. It doesn't affect your gameplay (which is obvious all those against don't play ctf, because they haven't got a clue what they're talking about), whilst ctf community gets what they want. I don't understand any argument against a toggleable feature ability.

Your next post will probably say: 'Stay in JO then'

This is a sequel, better graphics, bigger community, new maps and a few new features. We want the old feautres aswell (toggleable).

it people with attitudes like that always put me off joining a clan
People with attitudes are everywhere, including in clans, and outside clans.

Noobs play in public servers with no competition, but there's nothing to attach to in this game...nothing for Clans to attach to, nothing for leagues to attach to...and that's sad
I've run [FW] since 1999 when we played JK, I've been a successful competitive player in the two games throughout that time, and this game looks ideally suited to all sensible players, clanners and esportsmen. And me.

CaptainJackZ, you say kick was part of the game. It was. No, it was not cheap. Kick was part of the game, and anyone who thinks it was cheap should just suck it up and live with it.

Now, kick is not a part of JA. Suck it up, live with it, don't be a hypocrite.

If you were truly a serious player, you'd spend your time adapting to the game, instead of whingeing on here. There are many things I would have liked to be kept from JO... and JK, before it. They weren't kept. I don't complain, because... shock horror, they're different games.

To all you people who say "well I don't play competitively so I don't want these changes to happen" - well thats all well and good. But for those of us who DO, these changes make it POSSIBLE for us to play competively, and honestly, don't really change the game for you at all. Whether or not kick is in the game...noobs won't notice...but anyone with skill will notice.
Serious players... Anyone with skill, that is,.. such people discover and create tactics. I'm sure you agree, and I'm sure you'll find a replacement for kick one of these days.

And anyone who uses the word "noob" the way you do, deserves to be stabbed in the foot, by the way. :rolleyes:

bah all this complaining!!

who cares!! live around it! those who are despirate to get kicks back were probably just crappy kick lamers that now have to rely on their lightsaber skills (which = their ownage) :p

stop whinging! boohoo, ONE game mode is disadvantaged, when many argue that the removal of the standard kicks has been great for the lightsaber fights in other game modes

instead of preying for a modder just get good at the game like everyone else :)

Please this isn't about someone crying because they won't learn a new game. JA is the same as JO, they added a kata and took out a load of stuff. Any JO player can learn it in all of 30 seconds. But this isn't the point. I ask you why ALL of the ctf community is saying the same. This reason:

For crying out loud. You people are so single minded over your own POV.

Kill a flag carrier who:

wants to avoid being killed

has infinite force from an energizer to constantly speed away

needs to be killed quickly before a healer arrives (you obviously have to stop him first and since theres no longer a way to do that, this point is barely ever reached).

Ways to stop him:

Pull whorage: He obvioulsy has absorb, meaning you power him up so he speeds off and your left with no force and your saber between your legs.

Thats the only way in JA to stop an fc and every member of the ctf community has stated the same: It doesn't work and ctf is stalemating to 60+ mins.

I also think its fair to add toggleable kicks in JA:

The suggestion is that kicking and other features are togglable. If you don't like them, keep them off, ctf servers will have them on. It doesn't affect your gameplay (which is obvious all those against don't play ctf, because they haven't got a clue what they're talking about), whilst ctf community gets what they want. I don't understand any argument against a toggleable feature ability.

Your next post will probably say: 'Stay in JO then'

This is a sequel, better graphics, bigger community, new maps and a few new features. We want the old feautres aswell (toggleable).

Your blinded by your own ignorance. Imagine this hyperthetical situation:

Raven removes blue and yellow styles

Ctf is fine, we use red nearly always. Duel community cries. We turn round and say 'learn the game'. I don't see it. Your game modes are fine, we want a patch to help ours that doesn't affect your mode at all. Why are you so terminally selfish not to accept this? May I add, that some of the best ctf players are also the best duelers.

JO is the same as EF, EF is the same as Q3, engine and basics speaking, doesn't mean they all have to have the same stuff do they? The facts are simple, this game is a sequal, you've gained some new stuff, you've lost some old stuff, why go on and on in page after page of posts in these forums with what you want "back" and what you want gone? I say "back" because you haven't lost them in the first place, this not being JO and all...:rolleyes:

When the code is out and people can mod, let them, just for now, deal with having to learn new techniques, this game will have been beta tested and people who are paid to play games will have found it to work well, probably because they hadn't played JO before so learnt techniques for JA from scratch instead of trying all their old stuff then being baffled when it works no more.

When will you lot listen to the simple fact THIS IS NOT JO!

Your blinded by your own ignorance. Imagine this hyperthetical situation:

Raven removes blue and yellow styles

Ctf is fine, we use red nearly always. Duel community cries. We turn round and say 'learn the game'. I don't see it. Your game modes are fine, we want a patch to help ours that doesn't affect your mode at all. Why are you so terminally selfish not to accept this? May I add, that some of the best ctf players are also the best duelers.

Hello? Why would they remove that now? It's in the game so will stay in the game. The JO kicks were never in the JA code so you haven't had them removed! Raven decided these things to bring variety into the game, you've been force to learn new techniques and instead you've resorted to complaining about it. That is a very poor example.

Archived