Home

EU Moments : Star Wars fans Chime In !! (***SP Spoilers !! **)

Astrotoy7

OK - this thread would only probably be interesting to Star Wars and EU fans, and applicable of course to the SP storyline(s). If anyone comes into this thread canning MP saber styles and hit points I'm gonna sob ! I'm sick of hearing those complaints in these threads !!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the EU references I've picked up in SP :

*Corran Horn("Master Horn) was one of the Jedi Masters whom students were allocated to

*Tionne and Streen were mentioned by Luke, almost like Raven was name dropping to show they were up on the EU

(Desann was mentioned - I think !, and Tavion, only of course from gaming EU, but still EU I guess)

*Z-95 Headhunters, predecessors of the XWings. Actually to me it was a surprise to see one considering this is more than a decade after ANH era.

*Byss, Vjun, Vaders castle, Korriban, Chandrila

*Chiss(bartender) I think there was a chiss bartender in JO if I remember right

*The resurrected fett, who in resurrected form is very much EU :p

*Not EU, but OT, but the Mon Cal ships were interesting to see

*A special mention, also OT, but I LOVED that Hoth level. Riding tauntauns, with those cute noises they make, I also cut the wampas arm off !!! Special shout out to the Rancor !

*Swoops were fun too - from the prequels/different EU sources of course

I'm sure theres more

MTFBWYA - have fun playing this great SW game !

Originally posted by KnnOs

yeah, there were some great moments, although two things:

1. I wish they included a Yuuzhan Vong model for MP

2. Your quote is great

There is indeed a Yuuzhan Vong model for JO, which works perfectly in JA (link- http://jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3800)

Now I'm just waiting for an amphistaff and some NJO maps...or the next Jedi Knight Sequel (I mean comeon, I think the Dark Jedi/Remnant Theme has been put to death-how about some new real challenge for the Jeedai :p)

think you got most of the EU references. but there are other things that i couldnt stop laughing at during that game. like on the coronet city mission where you hear that little dialogue between hawk and john from soldier of fortune. i cracked up.

and did anybody else need a bathroom break after kyle said "hmm the console that controls this door is probably in a room 12 floors up... as if that made any sense".

almost all of the planets in that game were from the EU (a few like tattooine were from the movies but still).

oh and if you hadnt noticed. that temple in the very beginning of the game was exar kuns temple... yes i know corran blew it up in the book "I jedi" but it really couldnt have been anybody elses temple because kun was the one who made those frickin temples!..... err made the massassi make those temples anyways.

i suppose things like the "saber droids" could be considered EU as well. (believe they were first introduced in shadows of the empire where vader beat down a few of them)

E-webb blasters may have shown up once or twice on hoth in ESB but were all over the place in the X-wing series of books.

oh and one last thing i remembered. HELLO! Marka ragnos wasnt invented for this game! he was in several comics (i never really got into reading SW comics though, more books for me) well before jedi academy was on the drawing board.

ill probably post some more odd things ive noticed soon.

Seems all in all there is now more integration of EU and the games. JO wasnt perfect, with stuff like com-links working in hyperspace, but Academy seems to work okay in EU continuity. And Kyle Katarn i think was mentioned only recently in EU literature, I hope we'll get to read of some of his exploits againts the Vong soon.

Also, there is the presence of Noghri(sp?), first meantioned in the orignial EU books of the Thrawn saga.

we were talking about the Noghri in another post.. in the game they were all messed up.. they were way too tall, too humanoid in the face, and blue of all things... Noghri are suppossed to be child size, stealthy, grey, and have some pretty scary looking faces that would cause fear.. not these big blue poision shooting things in JA

I wish they included a Yuuzhan Vong model for MP

It just occurred to silly me that the Vong are absent in the force, therefore having a game in the JO/JA vein would be different as you would not be able to use the force powers against them(but still against the environment I guess). You could still rely on your saber but it would have to be super accurate as the vong armour(as described in the books) in vulnerable only in select spots...

I think this presents a challenge for the game developers who will eventually be granted the task of making a game with the vong in it !

MTFBWYA

I've never read the Vong series before. But it would seem to me that the Dark Side of The Force would be more affective than the Light Side. For example, force lightning and force drain. These powers (as far as I know) don't require you to be in the force. At least lightning doesn't :D

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

and did anybody else need a bathroom break after kyle said "hmm the console that controls this door is probably in a room 12 floors up... as if that made any sense".

oh and if you hadnt noticed. that temple in the very beginning of the game was exar kuns temple... yes i know corran blew it up in the book "I jedi" but it really couldnt have been anybody elses temple because kun was the one who made those frickin temples!..... err made the massassi make those temples anyways.

1.) Where and when did he say that? Didn't hear it...

2.) Yea, Kun's temple stands/stood in the middle of a lake/sea...like the one in JA...

too bad we didn't see the statue...

Archived