Home

OK - I hate Kyle Katarn ! Who Agrees !

Astrotoy7

Regarding the Twi'leks outfit...haven't you guys seen EPII??

There is a Twi'lek Female Jedi (blue skinned), in the same outfit as the one portrayed in the game.

You can catch her right after Count Dooku stops the battle in Geonosis (right before the clones arrive).

Cheers!

DarthShad

I like Kyle Katarn, he's my favorite EU character. I know he's getting too old to be the main character of future games. As for killing him off, I doubt it. He's still around during "The New Jedi Order," though just planning military strategies against the invaders (He's got to be pretty old by that time.)

Personally, I'd like to see another mercenary Kyle game. Set before Dark Forces, or between that and Jedi Knight. Destroying the Dark Troopers wasn't Kyle's only job as a mercenary, and I'm getting sick of all of these Jedi action games.

Regarding the Twi'leks outfit...haven't you guys seen EPII??

There is a Twi'lek Female Jedi (blue skinned), in the same outfit as the one portrayed in the game.

Yup, it's a brain bug, just like how most of the Jedi in the prequels wear Tatooine style desert robes even though they live on Coruscant and hardly spend any time on Tatooine.

A "brain bug" is a term for a minor detail or kernal of an idea that's put into something in fiction that begins to GROW and expanded in follow ups and spin offs (Star Trek is a prime example).

Obi-Wan is hiding out on Tatooine (a backwater planet... after the Jedi purge and the Empire has taken over) amongst other people wearing similar clothing (Uncle Owen, various people seen walking around in the background, etc), now suddenly 20 years later it's the Jedi friggin' uniform! (33 years in the past no less)

We see a few Twi'Lek slaves and exotic dancers wearing skimpy outfits to dance for Jabba's (a crimelord) pleasure, and wait on Sebulba a celebrity (do his nails, give him lap dances, whatever) on Tatooine, and now suddenly it's their native costume! (but only for females I guess...)

And remember, Jaden Korr is supposed to be from Coruscant... so why is she dressed like a dancer from Tatooine?

She isn't - unless some player with a Twi'lek fetish decides to make Jaden so! :p

It's been described that the female Twi'leks have alluring properties with their movement and kinetics - and both genders supposedly talk with kinetic movements of the head tenticles too - so maybe, it's a subconscious method of sense and persuasion, which would be of practical use to a Jedi as well as a slave dancer.

One thing, with the robe look of old Jedis, is, well, they are kind of a priestly caste, as well as "police" - I mean they have a semi-religious order as well. And also, just because one female Twi'lek Jedi wore a skimpy outfit (although it wasn't near as skimpy as slave girl outfits) doesn't mean anything. It just means that character wore skimpier clothing.

What's a Galactic Senator wearing that skin-tight... (drool)... um... yeah.... you get the point... I gotta go now....

:lol::D:p

Hi All

To Taran'atar, who said

although that's not saying much, since most of them are boring and have zero personality

Yeah, some are pretty flat. I'm not sure how much of the novels you have read, but there are some great jedi characters, such as Mara Jade, Kyp Durron, Jaina Solo is pretty fiery. As much as Jacen Solo seems to be the sad case of the jedi clan, there's something more to him that is immediately evident(as seen in the Book 'Traitor'). Corran Horn(who was very briefly mentioned in JA) is another great Jedi. If anyone hasn't read the book "I, Jedi" I thoroughly reccommend it. It is unique that it described his time training at Luke's Academy in first person.....

Kurgan, I agree that sci fi, and indeed popular culture in general is a bastion of brain bugs, however

Brain bug or no, Yoda lived on a swamp planet in ESB and seemed to wear a similar guise as all the jedi had in Ep 1 and 2.

When Luke 'came out' in ROTJ, he wasnt wearing the desert robes, and he was form Tatooine !! He opted for the snazzy black priest's outfit minus the collar, with matching maul style black robe....!!

Not all the jedi in the massive fight scene at the end of AOTC were in standard 'desert garb' jedi uniform either.. The almighty Anakin Skywalker's outfit is different too...

I just think its a type of characterisation more than anything, just like Matt Groening's characters in The Simpsons and Futurama look similar....

I do think its a good idea that jedi dress similar though, seeing they were peacekeepers, it is probably good that they were identifiable......just like cop uniforms

As for Twilek girls, I dont see anything wrong with the skimpy outfits, and yes in the films all twilek ladies seem to like dressing light :p and the bad thing about this is......................????????

In the context of JA, if someone is really perturbed by it, enter the console command so she can run around in her gorgeous hoth outfit, though she probably wont like it if you make her wear it on Tatooine..............

As for

What's a Galactic Senator wearing that skin-tight... (drool)... um... yeah.... you get the point... I gotta go now....

.....LMAO

MTFBWYA

Astro 7 - I love JA(SP)

Archived