Home

WHY are there so many pure servers!?

Dr_night

Yeah, if the server doesn't allow it you're out of luck.

Maybe people want to learn the base game before they use mods (or they're paranoid about cheats!).

Frankly I don't see the big problem with allowing a few skins though... so just look around, some servers are starting to allow stuff like that (though it's annoying if you haven't downloaded everything).

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yeah, if the server doesn't allow it you're out of luck.

Maybe people want to learn the base game before they use mods (or they're paranoid about cheats!).

Frankly I don't see the big problem with allowing a few skins though... so just look around, some servers are starting to allow stuff like that (though it's annoying if you haven't downloaded everything).

is there any way to use ASE (all seeing eye) or masterlist once they fix that to filter out pure servers?

^ Yup, as long as the server host has them (whether or not they are running or not) you can still join in and use them. I remember the first time I played a Q3 engine game with models on a pure server. There were always these servers that gave me "impure .pk3 file" errors then disconnected. Took me a while before I realized it was the models...

Or perhaps its the fact the game keeps defaulting back to pure server =yes everytime you shut down and relaunch it,

Its pissing me off and i hope its fixed in the next patch.

both pure server and allow downloaded go back to defaults.

look into it you'll see what i meen.

Archived