Home

why is this game so slow and skippy?

Sithxace

hehe -- i'm runnin an 1800 series with 512 and a 40 gig with a GEForce4 graphix @ 128megs...

...and the game runs so smoothly sometimes i want to cry. maybe crank your settings down. thats about all i can think of.

unless, of course you are like a friend i have who feels his pc should be able to run all his programs at once. in which case i would advise you to turn everything off then run JA alone. :D

My PC is about 8 months old, and the game runs smoothly most of the time. My system is almost the same as Sithxace, but i have 120 gb of mem.

However, whenever i attempt (or the enemy attempts), to use force push, the game becomes extremely slow and very *skippy*. It usually means that I end up dying.

This dosent seem to happen in MP, so i dont know whats going on.

Its not a too big prob, i've already completed the game in master.

Apart from that, the game runs perfectly.

:)

Bummer. You just got to tinker with the settings. Have you got the latest drivers for your card...

switch dynamic glow OFF to begin with, that slows down framerate on whatever system you have. The next things to drop would be to scale back to bilinear and 16 bit settings. If all this doesnt help, drop your rez to 1024x or less :( - which is a real shame as this game can look stunning

Check the other 'stuck' threads', Im sure theres alot more suggestions for these probs...

MTFBWYA

Turning off dynamic glow and volumetric shadows helps tremendously. I get 80-90 FPS without them in both 1024x768 and 1280x1024. But I really like the effect of those two settings, esp. dynamic glow. The sabers look much better with that enabled, though to me it seems like all it really does is to make the glow around the saber sort of thicker. (Forgive me if I'm wrong.) Why does that slow the game down so much?

Archived