Home

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (UP @108.178.55.189:29070)

Kurgan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good catch, I wasn't on the server when this happened. What does "DSA" stand for anyway? Do we have a list of members or a website/forum for them?

We could send out spies if it gets too rough. ;)

Flooding the server? How immature. Good call...

So what were they doing exactly... chat flood, server vulnerability exploit or some kind of DoS attack (if the latter, we should report them to their ISP)?

Sad that people resort to something like that just because they are losing. You guys must have really torn them a new one! LOL

That's pretty sad. Kids think they own the place!

Most clans have their own servers for that sort of thing. Besides, if they just wanted to chat on our server, they could have done so. If they really didn't want to be shot at, they could have gone into spectator mode, and even used the private chat function built into JA to avoid anyone knowing their secret plans. ;)

Ah well... !

btw kurgan, custom maps, and pk3s belong in base directory not in ojp.

also, the flood you are refering too, its where random names are spam connected? yeah, JA+ and my mod fixed that. the ja/q3msgboom exploit is fixed as well. hell, i even just fixed the hoth lift bug :nervou

Yeah, random name connection spam. I had to log off the server, ban the IPs the jerkoffs were using, and then restart the server.

Could you provide the flood protection code to OJP please? I for one would be interested in seeing it in the next Basic release to stop this from ever happening again.

well it would require a whole rewrite of the clientSession code but it can work.

but other than that, all it does is check ips of firstconnection clients with already connected ones. if that # is less than or equal to sv_maxConnections, then let them connect.

• 4 months later...

Okay, a lot has changed in the past 3 months! The server is now running OJP Enhanced 24/7.

I can understand this, as Razor is very close to finishing up the mod! This means different gameplay.

I'm going on vacation myself soon, and I'll be back Jan 4.

Perhaps I should look into getting us an additional server just for Basic,

if Enhanced becomes the norm (which I can see it being if it's as polished

as I'm lead to believe, but I've been away for awhile and a lot has changed).

I'll post here as soon as I find anything out.

I will need to update the info on Strategic Academy, as it is outdated (and I couldn't update it for awhile due to server access issues with JK.net). This week I'm studying for finals (it's been a long tough semester too, which is why I haven't been around as much as I used to).

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• 2 months later...

Due in part to some glitches in Enhanced making it not stay up on the server, and in part to renewed work being done on Basic, the server has been running Basic lately, so back to standard gameplay (at least for the moment, it all depends on what RazorAce decides to do next of course and we all know how busy he is).

Please enjoy! ;)

Apprenently our server had some file corruption issues and then exploded. ET has been quick to fix the problem, but they lost all our data.

Someone is going to have to reinstall OJP on the account to get it working. One of the admins, please email me if you're going to do it.

I'll try to do it myself but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Archived