Home

Server Rules - If you dont like it DONT JOIN

SRF_Vader

Originally posted by Sam

Wow that means alot to me.

well like I said, I may not like the rules you guys have but I've been treated with nothing but professional courtesy and respect when I go there, and when I have broken the rules I was not lectured to like a 2 year old or subjected to rcon/admin mod/any verbal abuse.

They way I look at it, when you invite people to your public server, if you as a host treat your guests with respect, they should do the same.

It's just basic common courtesy.

You guys treat your guests in a respectful manner, so I feel obligated to do the same when I'm there by obeying your rules.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

They way I look at it, when you invite people to your public server, if you as a host treat your guests with respect, they should do the same.

You guys treat your guests in a respectful manner, so I feel obligated to do the same when I'm there by obeying your rules.

Now that is an honour system that is respectable. :)

• 1 month later...

Actually I should correct you on a few things Vanor, while you have the right idea about JK (there wasn't an effective way to have one on one duels with limited use of force, not running for powerups, no lightsaber challenges, etc) the fact is sabers didn't do idle damage.

So far the ONLY game in the series to have idle saber damage (by default, I believe there is a cvar to enable it in JA) is JK2 (Jedi Outcast).

You couldn't really "turn your saber off" in JK/MotS. You could only switch to another weapon. Generally what people did was to switch to Fists, since it was the weakest weapon (and practically useless for getting kills) and this constituted the "I'm not ready to fight yet" message. Though, everybody knew that people could still use the force (throw force destruction) so having fists out alone didn't necessarily mean you were "unarmed."

Also, since there was no "saber challenge" (private duel) in JK, as many people could pair off and fight as they wanted to on various parts of the map.

There were also no acrobatics and no katas or specials to worry about, just basic saber swings. There were no stances or saber locks either for that matter. Nobody could whine about a move being lame, because everybody had the exact same moves (it wasn't even until MotS that it was possible to play WITHOUT a Lightsaber). ; )

In fact JK1 only had three game mods: Jedi Training (FFA) with a team game toggle, and CTF. That's it! (MotS replaced CTF with KFY and added a "Lightsaber Training" mode which was really just Sabers Only FFA; and then there was a "Personalities" toggle, that gave you four player classes to use instead of ranked Jedi).

Using mods you could have a sabers only FFA and you could turn all the Force off and use a map with no item pickups, but that was about it. You had to make up the rest...

So yes, it was very different then, and making up honor codes at that time would make sense if you wanted to saber duel.

Now that JA (and JK2) have all the cvars and gamemods necessary to have saber duels (like we wanted to do in JK) there is no need for honor codes.

But this didn't satisfy people, and so they made up NEW RULES to stop all the types of gameplay that they were tired of getting killed by or didn't want to use. Hence the problem....

Couldn't agree more...

Archived