Home

the jedi knight community....whats happened

cjd118118

well, i was on a server lastnight and i killed someone....and i found he was the host, last thing i remember was him saying 'bye arse' and banning me. But the jokes on him, i have a dynamic ip so ip banning wont work on me!!!!

ANYWAY not all, but some of the servers i have been on have been like this before, as soo as u kill the host and say 'lol' or whatever he gets, well, mad!

So what im saying is, what has happened to make the JA community like this?

Hey, laughing at people after you kill them is designed to make them angry. You made the move, you take the flak. :D

Besides, it's always been this way. Admins on servers, people who host games... they're all such bad losers. I've personally never kicked anyone out of a game I've hosted in my life, unless it was a JK1 all-guns cheater on BGJ, I kicked a few of them in my time... But most hosts will kick people they take a dislike to. Just a fact of life.

Well, guessing we bear the same time stamp I can slightly agree on the Solo part, but I must admit that I, as youngster ran around in my PJ's, wearing a shawl round my middle screaming to my sister (who was sitting behind the old and big calculator) to set course to Tatooine (she had to press certain numbers on it and show me the receipt to confirm)..... :D :D :D :D So back then there WERE Jedi wannabee's allready ;)

oh hell ya there were jedi wannabees back then and I was one of em for sure. I made a lightsaber out of wood and painted it blue like Luke's. ended up breaking it in half off the back of my Brothers head cause I suspected he was falling to the dark side lol. . Brings back memories, x-mass 1983 :) I awoke to find heaps of starwars toys, like nearly every damn thing you could get it took me so long just to open everything and all day had AT-ST making raids on my brothers castle GraySkull :) ahh those were the days heh.

oops nurse is calling time for meds, gotta go. :) lol

The best advice is just find another server, preferably one with a more 'mature' Admin who doesn't want to act like God, and ruin people's enjoyment.

I was on a Siege server a day or two ago, and the Sys Admin there was going around telling people not to kill him, and in return he wouldn't 'hurt' them. :rolleyes: He expected to simply walk up and take one of the crystals (this was the Korriban map), while the defenders let him.

If it wasn't so ludicrous, it would have been funny.

Originally posted by =CNR=Preacher

So back then there WERE Jedi wannabee's allready ;)

Oh I'm not denying that. :)

I just get the impression that there are many more around before, and that most of them want to be like Obi-Wan instead of Luke. If everyone wanted to be Luke now, no one would ahve a problem with Jedi using guns :p

sigh... gaara, I think people realize that finding a new server is the solution.

Quite frankly, the 'find another server then' crap is getting obnoxious. Every day I see a thread that says there are some immature admins out there, SOMEONE just HAS to reply, "Find another server." Thanks for the wonderful input.

The point is, some of us just wish that some admins would grow up and allow people to play in peace. In addition, some people can't just 'find another server'. Sometimes the best servers to connect to are the ones run by people that enjoy being egomaniacs. And alot of times, running their 'own server' is also not such a great option. It's not EASY to run a server that will both run well, allow you to play on it, and attract a good player audience. Anyway, yes, finding another server is clearly the answer, but we don't need to be told that. It wasn't part of the discussion.

Originally posted by Doctor Shaft

sigh... gaara, I think people realize that finding a new server is the solution.

Quite frankly, the 'find another server then' crap is getting obnoxious. Every day I see a thread that says there are some immature admins out there, SOMEONE just HAS to reply, "Find another server." Thanks for the wonderful input.

The point is, some of us just wish that some admins would grow up and allow people to play in peace. In addition, some people can't just 'find another server'. Sometimes the best servers to connect to are the ones run by people that enjoy being egomaniacs. And alot of times, running their 'own server' is also not such a great option. It's not EASY to run a server that will both run well, allow you to play on it, and attract a good player audience. Anyway, yes, finding another server is clearly the answer, but we don't need to be told that. It wasn't part of the discussion.

Well put Doctor.

No one has a problem telling people to find another server, but people get upset when it is suggested that admins grow up.

It is hard enough finding servers with good pings, and getting one with a good admin is a rare thing...

Originally posted by Prime

It is hard enough finding servers with good pings, and getting one with a good admin is a rare thing...

The problem is... Telling the server admins to grow up here, won't do anything. I doubt that any read this form, or if they do, they either don't believe they're being jerks, or don't care. So the only option is to find someplace to play. But as was said, everyone already knows that...

But what would be handy is if people when posting things like this, said what server they were on, so others can avoid it. Also a list of servers with good admins could be useful.

Originally posted by Vanor

The problem is... Telling the server admins to grow up here, won't do anything. I doubt that any read this form, or if they do, they either don't believe they're being jerks, or don't care. So the only option is to find someplace to play. But as was said, everyone already knows that...

You are right, of course :)

Originally posted by Vanor

But what would be handy is if people when posting things like this, said what server they were on, so others can avoid it. Also a list of servers with good admins could be useful.

I believe something like this was started for JO at one point. I think it would be worth doing the same for JA. Is there any way to dump the "favorates" list? That way people could post them and others could try them out. Just a thought...

Originally posted by Prime

Didn't Episode 1 come out after JK? It seems all the young kids want to be Jedi now, where back in my day everyone wanted to be Han Solo. I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

I also share a common timestamp. I thought it was Bobo Fett who was in vogue. Although personally I missed the boat with star was and was got the comics for transformers mainly. I remember my friend had the Millenium Falcon but I had no star wars stuff. I still have the F-14 from Action Force (G.I. Joe American spelling).

Originally posted by cjd118118

hey carl, remember me?

( :ROTJ: ) CJD?

Hi there! I didn't know that you were you...O.o

And I'm with Spider, I never kick guys from my server(unless they cause very much lag).

I mean, who wants to go to a server where you get kicked for playing?

I dunno, remember JK on the Zone? Remember the clans like DSbr and WD (I have no idea on their status for JO/JA, I hear they are totally different now)? A lot of them (not all) were arrogant jerks, and a lot never actually played the game. They'd say, "omg I'll **** u up noob" "omg u sux noob I'd play u but I don't have my CD" :rolleyes: "noob" was somehow an insult.

LOL, guess a real n00b will not have CD's at close range of games he plays so frequent ;)

Anyway....those kind of players still exist... as soon as you enter with a staff, they complain you're a n00b using it (hell I AM!!) and when you smartly remark that all they do is just red stance+ side swing and hope for that one blow, they get pissed LOL

I hope in SW, Ep3 We get to see something about that.... maybe Obi wan telling his opponent he will not fight him since he has two sabers which is n00bish ;) Hell Even QUi Gon should have told that red head Maul he was a sith n00b using staff and Count Dooku was a lamer using the force lightning *lol* (not mentioning the fact that Obi wanted to attack power duel style in the first place)......

Man I love the way this game gets so many people upset sometimes..........

Originally posted by Doctor Shaft

The point is, some of us just wish that some admins would grow up and allow people to play in peace.

I wish that would happen too, but I take a realistic view. People aren't simply going to 'grow up' because you tell them to. They'll do whatever they damned well please, because it's their server and they can run it how they want. Unfortunately, that means the players either have to put up with the crap, or find somewhere else to play. There are no other alternatives...so I'm sorry if everyone keeps churning out the same line, but really, what other advice can we give?

You could try finding other JA players locally who would be willing to team up to have a LAN party, and then you could possibly play the game according to your own likes and dislikes. Beyond that - maybe like-minded people from a particular region could join up as a group to try and rent their own server to play on, and share the costs.

Frankly, that would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to change someone else's view. Unless there was a mass boycott of a particular 'bad' server, and the Admin was sent a petition to clean up their act, or pay for an empty server.

I can't think of any other avenues to circumvent the problem right now.

Archived