Home

Official or not?

Darth Kaan

I am far from impressed with this "Official version". It's installed correctly and pointing to the right directory, shaderlist.txt is in shaders folder, etc, etc. The surface inspector sucks, ALL water shader textures and several others are missing.

Funny how everyone said JK2Radiant sucked. I went back to using it and everything works fine now. I thought GTK was supposed to be much better...

Darth Kaan, you're not understanding what gtkradiant does. Those shaders arent provided with the editors. They come from the game. Only the system shaders and a few others were provided with gtkradiant I believe. gtkradiant only provides the shaders that Raven gave to the radiant team to include with the download.

The reason those shader images are missing is because they call for an image that the game did not provide. They will be missing in ANY editor. Its not a problem with gtkradiant.

Originally posted by Greymon

Darth Kaan, you're not understanding what gtkradiant does. Those shaders arent provided with the editors. They come from the game. Only the system shaders and a few others were provided with gtkradiant I believe. gtkradiant only provides the shaders that Raven gave to the radiant team to include with the download.

The reason those shader images are missing is because they call for an image that the game did not provide. They will be missing in ANY editor. Its not a problem with gtkradiant.

Dude I certainly do understand what GTK does and how to use shaders. What I was asking, is why they were missing. If others had posted they were having the same problem, then I would have known that was indeed the case and not a problem elsewhere.

I have to muse over why there would be that many shaders referencing textures that are not in the game and the fact that Gothic X said ALL OF THEM show for him.

Are there any spaces in the FULL PATH to your Jedi Academy installation folder? If so, you probably need to get rid of those (i.e. reinstall). Otherwise, you may need to correct the path to your JA installation within GTK radiant. Look in the Preferences for this.

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Funny how everyone said JK2Radiant sucked. I went back to using it and everything works fine now. I thought GTK was supposed to be much better...

Its not really better, it just has a few extra items. But anyways... ill probably have to use JK2 radiant for JA, considering i dont think they are releasing a JA radiant, and GTK just simply wont run. :(

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Its not really better, it just has a few extra items. But anyways... ill probably have to use JK2 radiant for JA, considering i dont think they are releasing a JA radiant, and GTK just simply wont run. :(

Give the guys here a chance to help you get it going. They helped me and it's working fine now.

Archived