Home

of sabers and staves

InsanityInc

Why is it that most hits from red stance that go right through someone only seem to do maybe 40 damage at the most (usualy around 30-35), I mean, even the jumping attack where you bring the saber straight down through them doesn't kill them outright, and only does about 60 damage (if you get hit solidly by that move you should be DEAD), whereas I've noticed that questionably solid hits (the tip of the saber hitting you) with the staff or duals seems to sometimes do 50+ damage! I don't know if this is a bug or what, but something needs to be done.

Also, on a separate note, why do the back slash moves to SO MUCH damage? They do like 80+, even though they don't hit you very solidly at all, and you don't seem to be able to block them.

Another thing, I think the staves and the duals need to be made so you can't block as well as you can while attacking, it just encorages holding down the button and running around randomly, since you don't leave yourself terribly open.

EDIT: whoops, one last thing: any word on the bug with your saber just going through people and doing nothing being fixed?

it's not a problem of saber damage being reduced across the board, it's a problem of it being seemingly selectively reduced, as duals and the staff seem to very randomly do ungodly amounts of damage with a very glancing hit. Also, i'm not sure why the saber damage should be as low as it is, sabers are deadly.

Also, the backslash isn't that easy to avoid when someone runs directly up to you and does it, it comes out fairly fast. I just don't see why it needs to do 80 damage.

Originally posted by InsanityInc

it's not a problem of saber damage being reduced across the board, it's a problem of it being seemingly selectively reduced, as duals and the staff seem to very randomly do ungodly amounts of damage with a very glancing hit. Also, i'm not sure why the saber damage should be as low as it is, sabers are deadly.

Also, the backslash isn't that easy to avoid when someone runs directly up to you and does it, it comes out fairly fast. I just don't see why it needs to do 80 damage.

Heh, I guess you should talk to the programmers:)

In the meantime, I think you just have to get used to it being so out of wack.

Heh - you think you've had problems. On the odd occasion I've had 100 health and 25 shields, and been killed in one hit by a glancing blow from a Dual Saberist. I think it contacted with my head, but I'm not sure.

So yes...perhaps there is a bug in there somewhere, if it's not meant to do that. Hopefully it will be addressed in the first patch.

Until then, may I suggest g_saberdamagescale 2?

It makes the damage more even across the board, since MOST swings will be deadly or fatal in 1 hit (on an unshielded person) unless it just barely nicks you on the arm or something.

This is actually the way Raven intended us to play the game all along, they just "nerfed" it in order to give the duelists the longer battles the demanded.

More and more server admins are realizing how much better saberdamagescale 2 is than 1, and are switching over. This is good. ; )

Frankly, I find its use in duels to make the battles more exciting, because you can't mess around. You KNOW that the next hit could be the end of the fight, so you have to concentrate and time your swings that much smarter.

i dont think ive played on a damage scale 2 server yet buti have done and had done to me that one normal hit that took 100 25 but im pretty sure my head came off so that kinda tells ya where the hit was :)

never the less i was pretty shocked when it happened to me cause your pretty safe and will have plenty of time to heal from anything but a special hit...unless apparantly you lose your head :)

Yeah, that's the thing, in duels with Saberdamagescale 2 you won't be surviving many hits. Thus being a drain/heal whore simply isn't as useful in FF Duel (of course using drain to stop them from using absorb or katas is another issue entirely) to stay alive.

The only thing I wish I could do was toggle back on the "idle saber damage" thing, which doesn't seem to work for me in JA MP.

Anybody know the command?

Archived