Home

for the love of god somebody help me! (how to run mods)

quickbeam

Does anyone know how to apply mods to their JA game??? I keep trying to post topics about this but nobody seems to know how apparently. Anyways, when I put the mod file into the gamedata base folder in the jka directory, my computer tells me that access is denied. HELP ME PLEASE!!! MODS ARE COOL AND I WANT TO USE THEM BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by quickbeam

Does anyone know how to apply mods to their JA game??? I keep trying to post topics about this but nobody seems to know how apparently. Anyways, when I put the mod file into the gamedata base folder in the jka directory, my computer tells me that access is denied. HELP ME PLEASE!!! MODS ARE COOL AND I WANT TO USE THEM BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it comes with a readme it's usually there, if there isn't a readme or installation guide in the readme, unzip or extract the pk3 to the gamedata/base folder in jedi academy

no I'm not attempting to extract while the file is downloading- I wait till it's done, and then I open the gamedata base file in the JKA directory and attempt to drag the newly downloaded mod straight from its location to the gamedata base folder. Yes? No? CONFUSED!!

The only time I get "access denied" errors in windows is when the file/app is in use by another application.

You try to move/delete a file that is in use by another app, it's going to do that.

Try this:

Download it again but to a different location (save it to my docs, desktop etc.) just to be sure you don’t have a corrupted download.

Reboot the pc

Then try to extract it or run it (they usually come in rar, zip or in a few cases exe format)

now when I try to move a file into the gamedata base folder, I get a warning that reads:

"Cannot copy More_Hilts: Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive."

............WHAT does that mean? Is there any other way to get to the gamedata base folder without having to go through the D drive?

Erm...CD Drive? You're not trying to copy the files to your CD are you?

If not that...you haven't inadvertantly Write-protected the Jedi Academy game folder have you?

And BTW...please don't repost in this forum after your post was moved to the appropriate forum, which just happens to be the Technical Support forum. It was moved there for a reason. :tsk:

The easiest way to do it is use your search in your start menu in the right corner of your desktop. Click on start the click on search then click search for file or folders type in jedi academy then a bunch of files pop up you want the one that says Star Wars jedi academy/program files/file folder click on that then it will say gamedata at the top then click that it open the gamedata files youll see the base folder click that and put the .pk3 file in that folder close it then enjoy the mod.

Archived