Home

Guybrush Should die in Mi5

Guybrush91789

Sometimes you think you want all the "loose ends" tied up, but once it happens you're kind of like "well that's it then, he can't have any more adventures". Half the time I'm thinking about Monkey Island, I'm thinking of situations I'd like to see Guybrush in, and having it end would sort of ruin that whole imaginary-fantasy thing I have with Monkey Island... I love the game, it should never die/end.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Herman Toothdecay

Sometimes you think you want all the "loose ends" tied up, but once it happens you're kind of like "well that's it then, he can't have any more adventures". Half the time I'm thinking about Monkey Island, I'm thinking of situations I'd like to see Guybrush in, and having it end would sort of ruin that whole imaginary-fantasy thing I have with Monkey Island... I love the game, it should never die/end.

He could at least get old and retire. I dont want this stuff to happen in MI5 obviously. More like MI 17 or more.

I'd like it if he died again like in CMI.

But not really die and become a ghost!!!:mad:

As for the end of the pirate era, why would you relate a funny pirate game series with history, my opinion is that guybrush shouldn't advance in each of the games. Thats why the marriage was such a bad idea, he shouldn't have gained anything from his adventures. So he can start a brand new one.

As for solving the plotholes, no! Don't try to solve the unsolvable, just begin a totally new game with it's own characters and locations, that's the reason CMI was so good, it didn't try to solve things from previous games.

• 3 weeks later...

for mi5 i think guybrush should die, but then you spend the rest of the game like trying to escape from hell or somthing, and then he'd eventually come back to life and accidentally brought lechuck back with him, and living lechuck no longer dead and smelly gets elaine, cause since guybrush is dead she wouldn't be married anymore.

but definately not the last mokey island, and if it is im buying the rights and continueing it on my own.:mad:

Kill off guybrush?

Uhhhhhhh NO

Kill off the main character, and besides, what u said was geek retardation.

Oh yeah, all of the islands will become depiratized and everyone will bow donw to the same damn plot in MI4. WTH R U TRYING TO STOP IN MI 4?

OZZY, WHO WANTS TO TURN THE ISLANDS INTO "Respectable" PLACES.

So it would be the same thing as MI4 except guybrush is a ghost...OOooOOoOOo.

Wow, ill hold my breath for that, and maybe pigs will fly out of my ass.

Kill off guybrush?

Uhhhhhhh NO

Kill off the main character, and besides, what u said was geek retardation.

Oh yeah, all of the islands will become depiratized and everyone will bow donw to the same damn plot in MI4. WTH R U TRYING TO STOP IN MI 4?

OZZY, WHO WANTS TO TURN THE ISLANDS INTO "Respectable" PLACES.

So it would be the same thing as MI4 except guybrush is a ghost...OOooOOoOOo.

Wow, ill hold my breath for that, and maybe pigs will fly out of my ass.

I personally believe that the game should go for much longer than MI5 (mostly because it's my favorite game series). And if we're gettin' all historical here, time tends to be extended in shows, games, and movies. Take something like the Simpsons. How many episodes have there been? Like, 300 something? And yet they family are the same ages as they were when they started the series, pretty much O.o

Besides, Guybrush has already died a few times in previous games, if ya know what I mean ;)

Originally posted by oWa

for mi5 i think guybrush should die, but then you spend the rest of the game like trying to escape from hell or somthing, and then he'd eventually come back to life and accidentally brought lechuck back with him, and living lechuck no longer dead and smelly gets elaine, cause since guybrush is dead she wouldn't be married anymore.

but definately not the last mokey island, and if it is im buying the rights and continueing it on my own.:mad:

Not from hell but from a voodoo dimension.

Explaining:

LeChuck has no longer a fysical body, so he takes other humans bodies (not like agent smith, just takes away their spirits and replaces them with LeChuck's own spirit). Reason: Constant fear. In mi2 Largo hunted Guybrush in the whole second part (but he is never catched).

If Guybrush gets to know that LeChuck is taking other peoples bodies, LeChuck could be anybody around him. At the end LeChuck takes Guybrush's body, because Elaine loves Guybrush, and not LeChuck. Since it's only the spirit that goes away, LeChuck can remember Guybrush stuff because of the brain, and maybe Elaine thinks that nothing has happened to Guybrush (although she thinks he acts a little strange).

At the same time Guybrush's soul is transported to a voodoo dimension (i think it should be some broken machines there). There he must find a way to get back (and maybe meet LeChuck in there to kick his butt one last time).

In this way the Monkey Island series could go back to be much darker (like mi2) again after the last one (EMI) that was trying to be CONSTANT funny. I also think that the game would be much more exciting too.

This is one game, but in one later Guybrush should die. If the new MI games is just ****, then Guybrush should be put out of his pain. But in a respectful way. I would like to cry when he dies. I love this guy, and want the MI games to end the series before they start to make ****ty MI games. I don't want LucasArts (Arrrrgh! cant type LEC anymore) to make more MI games if they are just rubbish. I don't hate EMI, but I thought it was the worst of the MI's. If it just gets worse I want it to stop.

But I don't WANT it to stop. I would always want more MI's. If one game was the definite end, I would be devastated.

If they want to kill Guybrush, then it should at least be the best MI game before they do, so he gets a respectful passing.

OK, I'll just have to stop typing. *STOP*

• 1 month later...

well...here's what i think about this whole shebang.

why guybrush should die:

if guybrush were to die, and then have to get out of hell or something, that would make the game more interesting. however, why would guybrush end up going to hell in the first place? i think that guybrush should only die if that were the scenario. however, if he just ends up dying at the end, like some kind of noble thing or if the game just comes to an abrupt end in the middle of the game because guybrush dies, that would be interesting but still a no. but if you're talking about being able to die if you make some kind of lethal decision when doing something with guybrush, i would say yes. that would make the game so much more interesting, yet so much more aggravating all at the same time. but if you could die with guybrush, then that would be a yes.

why guybrush shouldn't die:

like i said in why guybrush should die, if he kind of just died when you weren't expecting it, that would be kind of anti-climactic...not good. i would say don't make guybrush die and then just finish the game with a cutscene, like when elaine and guybrush are floating away on that ship after they get married, you know? the only bad thing about that would be that it kind of leaves you hanging. it didn't make a big difference when they left you hanging at the end of mi3, because we knew there would be an mi4, so the story would continue on. however, with the ending of the whole entire series just leaving you hanging, i would absolutely hate that. i just hate it whenever you're left hanging at the end of anything, a movie, a t.v. show, a game. i need closure. and that's really the only reason guybrush shouldn't die, it would leave you hanging, plus it would be kind of sad and/or pathetic that they couldn't come up with a more creative way to finish off the monkey island games.

but, that's all i really have to say about whether or not guybrush should die. in the end i say let him live, but you can die while figuring out puzzles and stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived