Home

WIP: Snow speeder

tFighterPilot

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k. I did a little beta testing, and this is what I came up with.

I loaded the model up in Single player, and noticed that when I tried to go left or right (A & D keys) that the model shot waayyy off to the side, slamming me into cliff walls. It was less apparent in the "Flight School map". I think because there isnt any close reference points (like buildings or cliff walls). The model control as it stands, is not very playable in single player. I'm gonna try it in a few other maps to be sure. Mars out

It's in MP too.

It's almost imposible to fly any flying vehicles in small maps.

By small I mean anything smaller than KOTOR flight school.

I lowered the speed to 1600, and even than it's hard to control even in the yavin CTF, which at least look big. I mean, I just get of the ground, and slam right into a tree.

Originally posted by imyourfather

It's in MP too.

It's almost imposible to fly any flying vehicles in small maps.

By small I mean anything smaller than KOTOR flight school.

I lowered the speed to 1600, and even than it's hard to control even in the yavin CTF, which at least look big. I mean, I just get of the ground, and slam right into a tree.

Yeah I know, I tried to use it in the speeder bike levels in single player, which there is more space, but it just rockets to the left and right way to much. Maybe we could release a model with stats that make it a little more playable within slightly smaller maps. I know someone out there will make a Hoth map with ATSTs, and this model would more than likely be a canidate for use in those kinds of maps. I think KOTOR is an interesting map, but imagine a map that size thats fitted for a Hoth scene. I think its definately possible to make a map like this, and I hope someone out there (who makes maps) will read this, and see the possibilities. I think there could be some sacrifice to the speed stats, so that it would accomadate JA better. Jedi Academy is not a flight sim, but I still think something could be done that would be playable. Mars out

Originally posted by imyourfather

It's not much faster than a swoop, the reason it's harder, is that you can't stop it.

I edited the vehicle file and got it to react a little better ingame. The only thing I cant figure out is, how to get it to not slide to far from the left or right while using the strafe keys (A&D). Other than that, I played the Hoth level in single player, and had a ball. the only problem there was that, if you hit a hill slope, the crash detection sends you flying out of control. Mars out

yeah, I just make it at a bigger size, then rescale the image when done to make it 32 X 32.

You got any pics showing the shield display partially damaged (different colors), i'm interested to see how you divided it up for left, right, front, and back.

I can wait till you release though, when I download it

Originally posted by Manquesa

yeah, I just make it at a bigger size, then rescale the image when done to make it 32 X 32.

You got any pics showing the shield display partially damaged (different colors), i'm interested to see how you divided it up for left, right, front, and back.

I can wait till you release though, when I download it

Here's a screenshot showing it, and in bespin sea. :)

shot0008.jpg

I made some changes.

First of all, as Manquesa suggested, I've altered the height in the veh file to be the same as in the npc file, and it worked :D

Second of all, I changed the efx file of the explosion, so that there will not be Z-95 parts flying around when the Snow Speeder goes kaboom.

I still haven't added an extra weapon in the back (though it has a tag on it). If anyone thinks he can do it, please contact me at asaf_sch@walla.co.il

Archived