Home

JA sabers, moves & force powers

Legion

Hi. Anyone have any ideas on whether and how it would be possible to get the new dual and staff sabers, flashy acrobatic moves & saber twirls etc, or the additional force powers which debuted in Jedi Academy, into (single player) Jedi Outcast? I would really like to see Kyle pull of some of those moves.

I have tried pulling apart the JA PK3 file and putting bits of it into another PK3 to put in the Outcast Base directory like a mod, but I don't really know what I'm doing so I keep getting errors. One of these was something like "animation string too long". Any ideas anyone?

PS Having read the FAQ I appreciate that the single player source code has not been released, but I figured that the code for JA is probably the same, so it's just a matter of stealing bits from JA. Or is it more complicated than that?

Well, I haven't tried because I don't have JA, but I know that you can know what there's in a pk3 file using Winzip. If you try to copy the parts you want and insert them in the pk3 files from JO, maybe it's possible. If it works, send to me a copy of those files, I'd love to use JA moves in JO... ^_^

Originally posted by Prime

You cannot, however, use JA stuff in JO.

Why not? Surely it's just a matter of hacking into the PK3? You can't just copy across the whole PK3 because JO gets very confused by the new menu interface, so what I tried doing was just making a new PK3 of the models/players/_humanoid part of the PK3.

JO dodn't like this very much though, as it had problems with the animation string. My technical knowledge is not good enough to get me any further, so I was hoping someone else might know some tricks learned from multiplayer scripting.

Archived