Home

Basic Brainstorming: Saber Hilts/Glow/Blades/Sounds

razorace

Well just looking through the WP_SaberParseParm function in the source code most of it should work or has support to work. The only thing that has been removed is the BrokenSaber1/2 option.

The saber info is collected from the .sab file into a struct which is defined in the q_shared.h file (the unmodifiable file!) and both the BrokenSaber1 and BrokenSaber2 vars have been commented out. So if we need this option we'd have to find a custom way of doing it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried posting this before, but there were some internet problems and I don't think it got through.

But I was wondering, would it be possible to make a multi-colored saber staff? Ie, on one end a green blade, and on the other yellow?

I tried modifying the menu scripts to do that, but methinks more than that may be required.

-TiM

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just had an idea occur to me. Can we create a new tag to be added to new models to that we can bolt weapons and hilts onto? Like bolt_holster? Then model makers could set where the holster is themselves.

It's possible that we could make this retroactive with older models. Going in and adding the tags our selves and re-weighting the model.

*edit*

Testing purposes, not in-game as of yet. I need to rotate the tag set for the guns though. Because they point straight out. Also ignor ethe weighting on this model I literally did it in 5 minutes. (Just ask Razor)

20042262943615147619737.jpg

Yep this method has a lot of plusses and functionality.

saber/gun on each side of hip, leg, etc

staff/rocket launcher draped across back.

We just need a standard right now.

So far Razor suggested

holster_saber

holster_blaster

I think we need a

holster_saber2, holster_staff and a holster_launcher to account for the bigger weapons and dual saber.

I'm thinking the holstering/'placing saber on hip' should be done through a command--emote, whatever you'd call it. You'd have some emote to place the saber on your belt, then perhaps you'd do the same command again and the saber would be back in your hand. It just seems clumsy taking your saber off and then trying to ignite it in time to parry a coming attack.

As for a standard, I'm right handed so for me drawing/holstering a weapon from the back would be opposite of what you have pictured.

Razor just added the code to place the saber on the tag. The tag has to be manually added to the model. SO...it's up to the model maker where the holster tags are located. I'm ambi so it didn't matter for me. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways because you can't flip models around the tag.

Archived