Home

I'm excited. . .

Darth MarcII

Just finished prepaying fot KOTOR for PC. 11 more days and it's mine.:D

BTW, here are the system specs:

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible computer

Operating Systems: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP

CPU: Intel PIII 1 GHz or AMD Athlon 1 GHz required

Memory: 128 MB RAM required for Windows 98, 256 MB RAM required for Windows ME/2000/XP

Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Audio Device required

CD-ROM: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive required

Input Device: Keyboard and mouse required

DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0b is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" drivers for your particular hardware.

Installation: 4.0 GB of free hard drive space required

Supported Chipsets at the time of release:

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200

ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800

NVIDIA GeForce 2/3/4 family

NVIDIA GeForceFX family

Additional Chipsets supported. For a complete list of supported 3D cards, please consult the Troubleshooting guide, or visit the Technical Support section of the LucasArts Website at http://www.lucasarts.com.

Recommended Specifications:

CPU: 1.6 GHZ AMD or Intel processor

Video Chipset: ATI Radeon 9200 or better, NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better

RAM: 512 MB RAM

I have everything set except for my RAM.

And that's a sad story in itself.

I had 256MB RAM. To prepare for KOTOR, I ordered another 256MB stick from a company in California for the low, low price of $28. It gets here, and surprise surprise, it's a dead stick.

So now I think, okay, no problem. I'll just return this stick and buy a namebrand stick of RAM from newegg.

I get all giddy and purchase a stick of Crucial RAM from newegg. After about a day, I'm checking my e-mail and see a shipping notice in my inbox. I naturally am excited, and I open the e-mail to get my tracking number, and finally realize that I only ordered 128MB of RAM. -_-

Now I have 384MB of RAM on my computer. Needless to say, there have been many expletives uttered.

You think the game will still be playable with only a 32MB Radeon 7500?

I meet the other recommended specs (1.6Ghz, 512 RAM)

I see the new Radeons are supported (obviously)

So am I SOL? (Sith out of luck ;))

edit: btw, I played the Xbox version at my cousin's and logged about 5 hours, so I think it's a worthy purchase, I'm just worried about performance

yeah it should work with that.. but you might need the lastest drivers incase its not OpenGL 1.4 compatible.

performance wise i don't think you'll have a problem. and no matter how it looks, its still gonna look better than the x-box version :D

Archived