Home

Monkey 5 in cell-shading!!

Zu 27

Argh god no! not that damn cel shading again, it already ruined the Zelda series i dont want it to happen to MI too...

i mean i like the syle and it looks really cool, but at the same time its a bit too cartoony to keep (or after the failure of EMI's attempt) the atmosphere.

Maybe if they did it in cel shading but went back to 2D or something itd be ok, but id prefer it not to at all. In fact i want the CMI style back, it has the perfect mixture of cartooney and atmospheric....

then again if it was up to me i'd have them make it like a high res version of MI2 style :D

The Zelda series did look better in full 3D...

But I wouldn't say it ruined them...

Also I think they should just make it Monkey 3 style again, maybe higher resolution and even better animated characters. But Ron Gilbert or Tim Shafer (or both:D)should defenitly be working on the next Mi. Because without one of them a fifth game is doomed...

the smartest artist i've ever known

ya he's the goddamn smartest

i dont' think i'll ever meet a smarter one actually...

a pity.

no not a pity. a privelege.

the smartest artist i'll ever know agrees with me that cel-shading is SWEET. Runaway - A Road Adventure is in cel-shading... and it looks very good. Jet Set Radio Future had cel-shading and it is sweet also. actually reading people who say it's stupid make me think they're just dumb and that their perspectives in this debate are more or less invalid.

Archived