Home

Finished Tierra models for Miguel and Tomas

MJ

What areas are you having trouble with inverse kinematics? I used to use inverse on my arms but learnt that, that was a bad idea. Foward kinematics are the best for characters unless your picking up things e.t.c. With the foot kinematics what are your major problems, have you made an ik handle going from the hip to the ankle to the ball and then the toe of your characters foot yet? once you have that you have to group each ik handle accordingly.

http://www.highend3d.com or http://www.learning-aya.com are really good sites for tutorials I think leaning-maya even has some 3d max tutorials.

• 7 months later...

Ehm thanks, but this is kinda old stuff.

There will be new... *cough* oh :o

no comment on that.

This work isnt that great you all ppl think, maybe. There are millions real artits who can do that better then me.

like this one http://www.secondreality.ch/

Its kinda opfftopic here, but its old and I think its okay so...

Welcome to the Grim network ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ehm Hi..but these are OLD, 1 year old images.

And it still going on, believe me , hehe.

Well I decied to release some new stuff, but really a neak peak, you guys will see

Hey Miguel looks cool too! ^_^

And its all 8´s creation, I just did the 3d job =)

You dont know? Man its Tierra de los Muertos!

A radio show inpirated by Grim Fandango created by a great guy ( 8 of 12 )

Its a story about Miguel Hues, Red Encion and No.2 who try to reveal the secret of the land of the dead. ( to say it short )

A big 10 part adventure ;)

When the site is back you can surely download the whole mp3 files =)

Its a really great story and so funny! And last year after I showed some 3d stuff of grim art files I decided ( and asked 8 ) to start a Tierra 3d project =)

Yeah, I can see how that'd make you angry. FYI, the corner of the images wasn't my idea. :)

Trust me, there's something cool on the way. But I'm waiting for the Nightlight relaunch, which is imminent. Really imminent.

Keep the Nightlight faith. Better days are ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my moment of insanity. I remain the same faithful follower I have been since I first heard There's a New Death in Town (that's right, I was here on the first week of Tierra's launch, so there Kimble :p ). Can't wait for all this new stuff. Literally.

P.S. Please don't hate me for being pompous and arrogant Kimble ;)

Exuse me guys, but THIS here is old and we´ve got enough off- topics in here =)

So please use other threads and feel free to chat around there =)

Just because it could be that someone thinks ( like happend , not just once ;) 2 new 3d Models are done, and thats not true. And since GF Network shows the latest Forum post, it can be a bit confusing =)

I hope you guys understand this in a freindly way =)

Thanks, and let this thread die allready ^^

Arthur

Archived