Home

Ah, the smell of fear in the afternoon...

Lathain Valtiel

Seriously, what is it with all the people who disconnect right after you lay them on the ground? I just made three people run out of Kaia's server after killing them repeatedly.

What was funny was that the second guy, Rook, said i was a n00b for not liking fist fights. He then said increased saber damage took no skill. What I find interesting was..

1) He was a crouchfighter. You know, lunge spammer. He got me once with it, which happened to be the first time he pulled a saber.

2) He thought I was using blue.. When i was using yellow.

Relate your experiences with cowards!

Ironicly enough I played him last night, however he renamed to "Santa" once he joined my server. He beat me with the saber once when he first connected. Then fell a few times from the "Rocket wars" :-) After showing everyone complete disrespect and insulting people directly, I warned him nicely then kicked him when he didn't comply. Not a fun experience when somone acts like that as is kinda ruins the fun alittle bit. Par for the course I guess. Not alot of people leave after comming to my server and if I kill them. I remember one time a player joined my server (I can't remeber his/her name) I kill him/her twice which angered the player and he/she spent the rest of time mopping the level with my corpse. :-) I didn't even have a pray in the world to stay alive. Dispite dieing so much. It was a blast and I learned alot from that player. Sometimes you kill the pray, sometime the pray gets a bigger gun and more skill and kills you :p

Well the thing is, some people don't have the intimate connection with the game like we do... the mystical "bond" that binds the gaming community together.

This is how I end a game (after a serious beating either giving or recieving, end of the round, whatever):

GG, cya guys! (or something like that)

But not everyone does that. Some people just when they've had their fill, they simply leave.

But, you're right, sometimes they're getting beat and they just quit.

It's not easy to stay in a game when you're getting whooped (though some people leave after dying once, so you wonder). I force myself to stay in most cases because I want to get better. And a little humility doesn't hurt either. ; )

But I understand, if people have to go, they have to go... what bugs me MORE are people who join, then INSTANTLY leave (in like 5 seconds or less, usually named "Padawan") without saying a word.

I'm guessing those are the people who just want to check and see who's playing or what map is being used, but are too ignorant to click on "server info" first. ; p

It's like "thanks for the extra lag pal, come back anytime!" ; p

Originally posted by PG|Prometheus

Crouching is a disadvantage as well as an advantage.

Unless your refering to lunge, which is completely different from crouch fighting, although still has both advantages and disadvantages.

Eitherway, theres nothing wrong with either.

Yeah, I'm talking about the Blue stance special move. The lunge move (aka crouch move). You get n00bs not even walking but just crouch moving there ways across the map and as soon as another player is in there sights (even when the player is miles away from them) they just start with the lunge, which is just ridiculous sometimes. Don't get me wrong, it is still a move that you can use but what annoys me is when that lunge move is the ONLY move n00bs use.

What is a good defense for the blue lunge? There's a guy in my favorite server that just spams it all the time, and the server has increased saber damage. He just crouch walks all over the place, stabbing people in the back. Sometimes he mixes it up and force grips, then lunges into them.

P.S. He also always starts with his saber down, and whines if you kill him with his saber down. That lunge is quick, even starting with a down saber.

I'm sorry if im offending anyone. But i hate people who spam blue lunges. :mad:

Especially when they do it the "n00b" way.

But its easy to avoid them, you can tell whenever they are going to lunge, they normally crouch and walk towards you and LUNGE!!!

And i hate it when people spam that way.

If they do that ''saber off'' trick against you, you should kill them for that. A guy at the server I'm administrating (gameservers.net server) kept running around killing people when he got the opportunity, and he did that same thing. Just a quick strike, and when you striked back, he would whine about saber off.

I would just say: ''That trick's not gonna work here'' so he would give up. Countering that lunge is avoiding it at all costs. Always move in a game, and be aware of enemies and friends. Keep your enemies closer (closer watch, that is ;)).

Off-Topic: All you single-saberists with the theme in your head: ''Single Saber Red Stance side swing - 1337 jk2, Dual and Staff - noob spamming slashing''

And when I win, all I get is a bad excuse ''no offense but you spam and slash all over the place'' Isn't using the same side swings and red stance the same thing? Heck, they think it's JK2. Not once do they bother to use a kata or a lunge, because it isn't from JK2, and it just bugs them that anything NEW actually is good.

Sorry, but... :D

Archived