Home

What hope for Galaxies?

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im pleased with my SWG experience so far. Was in the beta for several months so I think its getting better week by week. Still things to be done of course for instance Imp vs Reb should be more Star wars like. Admirals commanding and gathering troops of players engaging the enemies in battle. Star Wars celebrities passing by (Darth Vader descending outside Bestine and controlling a power station) will make players go "wow". More advanced proffesions. All good exaples of improvments imo!

And fixes of course. Droid engys. See one often? No? Because its almost a useless profession! Bugs! More more

Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

I will not be buying anything again that says 'SOE' on the label and my views are almost that of Lucasarts, unless they release a decent SW RTS to take me away from this pain! hehe

DMUK

Have you tried EverQuest? I have just started it for the last week now and am enjoying it. That game has been worked on for voer 3 years now and I am new to it. I know a hand full of people in real life and we all play on the same sever. SOE has a real winner in EQ, and EQ 2 is coming out in June or so. I also want to try World of Warcraft MMORPG if it is good.

Guest DarthMaulUK

It has SOE on the label - so no.

My boss has it and it still has bugs. EQ2 will be the same as Galaxies in terms of bugs and lack of support. Im gonna stick with decent games for a while

DMUK

DarthMaulUK

That's right I forgot how negative you are about SOE. I just told you that EQ has been around for 3 years and I personaly know people that have been playing it since the begining and the say the game has changed so much and is very entertaining still. You are very negative and hope you finally find that BUG FREE game that meets your standard and that is entertaining as well. Good Luck. I am not a huge fan of SOE, Blizzard, or Sierra. They all have there flaws. You mean to tell me that World of Warcraft will be perfect without any bugs? Tell me something, how long did Blizzard promise the Diablo patch 1.10? If you have trouble remebering I can answer, about 2 years... Good luck with them as well. I just enjoy all the gaming company's even if there are flaws.

There will always be bugs and flaws in games if they are a MMORPG or a online playing game, due to the fact that they will always be adding new content.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Every game has bugs - i work for a games publisher - i know! lol But most of the games that have bugs get patched - free. Im not paying $14 a month for patches and so called updates to then find that they have created more problems then they have fixed.

Bugs is only a small slice of why Galaxies is such a poor game. Most of which I have covered in other posts.

DMUK

i must admit DarthMaul, i at first felt you were overreacting about all this, but i must say, i feel the same, but, instead, i say Galaxies has no hope left..the only way to keep the star wars feel is to have some stuff unbalanced(IE: the faction pets, etc) it has lost all feeling of star wars because of the idiotic Devs, they have no aspect of star wars IMO. and in most others opinion, yes, this game had potential...but it lost it very recently, i plan on canceling after xmas myself.

Lamest Star Wars game ever? I agree that there is not so much star wars feeling in SWG. But there is more lame sw games out there then SWG. Take the Star Wars game Episode I: Racer. Now that game is LAME!! And I like SWG much better then Jedi Knight Jedi Academy.

Then I would like to say that it is not easy having a game like SWG have the real Star Wars feeling. I mean this game takes place from the little ppls view of Star Wars. We are playing normal people. We are playing the civilized people that are in the background in the movies. The people who is passing the camera for two seconds. We don't even know what is the correct feeling for these people.

Not even George Lucas himself could bring back the same feeling of Star Wars with his own new movies episode 1 and 2 (don't know about episode 3 yet :D ) So how can SWG do it by bringing up stuff in the game that we haven't even seen in the movies.

Cheers!

Guest DarthMaulUK

The games you mentioned Tatoo - theres a big difference. Players are not forking out $15 a month to play them.

Before I quit, a few players dropped Imperial bases close to Anchorhead and we used to in huge groups make assaults on them and the PC Imps would be waiting also.

Massive battles would follow and it was great to see Stormtroopers running around - made it like a real SW battle.

Now, they have these so called 'live' events which are just plain boring. The idea is there but it is delivered in traditional SOE fashion - weak.

People have plowed alot of cash into this game and for what? Creature mounts, vehicles and player cities. 'What about bug fixes' I hear you cry...what about them?! They have created more bugs then they have fixed and at the same time, have left alot of players (like I was ) out in the cold with no support and no chance of getting bugs fixed.

I recently posted the main reason why Galaxies is crashing and it proved my theory early on - shoddy programming.

DMUK

Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

The games you mentioned Tatoo - theres a big difference. Players are not forking out $15 a month to play them.

DMUK

What does that have to do with anything? If people want to pay $15 for SWG they do it, and if they don't want to, they don't do it. It is up to them to deside if the game is worth to pay for or not.

So if there is a big difference that offline games don't have a month charge there is not that important if the game has the right feeling or not or meet up what it promised? You have one month to deside if you want to pay for another month for SWG after you have launched it for the first time, as well as you have to decide if you want to keep play your offline game. SWG don't HAVE to be a game where you have to pay $15 a month if you don't want to.

The content of SWG is there if you just utilize it. Only YOU are the one who can make or break your own gaming experience. SOE has given us the tools....and more leeway than most MMORPG games to make our own content and play along with what they give us.

If you wanna make it out to be garbage...then fine, it's garbage to you....if you wanna make it out to be a fun time had by all...then it will be fun....its up to you. For the PA I lead and the PAs we are Allied with, we're working on our own GCW and as a result, more and more people are joining in...fun fun. Between my husband and I we have FOUR accounts :D

Originally posted by Mandalyn

The content of SWG is there if you just utilize it. Only YOU are the one who can make or break your own gaming experience. SOE has given us the tools....and more leeway than most MMORPG games to make our own content and play along with what they give us.

If you wanna make it out to be garbage...then fine, it's garbage to you....if you wanna make it out to be a fun time had by all...then it will be fun....its up to you. For the PA I lead and the PAs we are Allied with, we're working on our own GCW and as a result, more and more people are joining in...fun fun. Between my husband and I we have FOUR accounts :D

Im totally with u on this one...yeah shes right..its up to the comunity to create the sw feel... so go on!

Guest DarthMaulUK

What total rubbish!

There is hardly any real Star Wars content out there. Most of the 'content' are drop missions or run around collecting things, put them together and make an item. wow!

As for the community making it more Star Wars - how can they do that and with what? I could hardly travel out of my city due to the crashing I had thanks to the useless programming.

Sorry. The game lacks in every single area and the fact 75,000 people have quit the game says it all.

DMUK

hey DMUK.... remember me from the glorious GBG days? i was in MecH clan BountyHunter_XL remember? i had many other names i played the game for 2 years lol.. but not anymore ...going to buy this late januari... so zup dude i see u almost hate this game lol ...would love to play with u when i get it ..? :fett:

Guest DarthMaulUK

Hey!

I remember! I wont be playing Galaxies again ever. I spent 6 months of my life 'playing' it then discovered how really bad it is. Now im just gonna wait until the new RTS is announced

DMUK

Archived