Home

What hope for Galaxies?

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this game so far, even though im a newb and need constant clarification, precisely where i rely on the community, through which i got a free vehicles, skills, and reliable info/waypoints. This is my first real MMORPG but i do understand the concept and have KOTOR(ownage) which i find to be surprisingly similar, especially in terms of gameplay/combat. I barely get any lag or bugs through my desktop, i haven't had a single crashe yet(there's still time), however i had increasing difficulty formatting my laptop so that the game would run, but all it took was the mobile mod fix(station forums) and now it works adequately enough. I'm endulging with the Teras Kasi Arts, dont know what im going for yet but im making decisions along the way. The lag does get severely irritable sometimes, mostly on the laptop, but it isn't anywhere near the point where i would deactivate my account, even temporarily, im having too much fun, and yes i agree the Devs need to step it up quite a bit, because really doesn't Sony have enough money to bypass a couple mil to further satisfy customers and build a stronger fanbase? Maybe too much to ask, but anyway game is great, although i hear bounty hunter missions are unfulfilling. This game supposedly isn't meant to work with laptops, concerning the mobility chips, but there's always some ingenious program that makes things is so simple it seems magical...Btw this is my first post, but i've read countless discussion topics and gaurentee it wont be my last. And if anyone feels that this post was choppy and repetitive, i hate proofreading....

What has kept me going in this game, among other things, is the strong starsider community. I have met several great rpers and I've really been into doing that for a while now. Sure I still have my grind for my combat profs, but the rp'ing has been a lot of fun. Of course joining an rp guild [Dark Sovereignty] has provided me with several opportunities to that. :)

Guest DarthMaulUK

The community was the one thing i loved about this game. I made many friends ( two of whom i am meeting for a drink soon) and it was nice all the emails I got when i announced i was quitting (i was a popular merchant)

I wonder how many will jump ship to battlefront?! ;-)

DMUK

Long ago in a galaxie far far away I posted stuff like this about UO, EQ and other games.

Now that I look back it's people who post negative remarks like this that are trully lame.

SOE has done an amazing job with SWG.

There is always bugs with large software development projects because no one is perfect. Providing bug report and feedback should go a long way toward resolving them.

So what if becoming a Jedi is near to impossible. If you want to play a Jedi Lucas Arts already made Jedi Knight. There is also Knights of the Old Republic by Bioware.

Personally I prefer a good blaster to a melee weapon but everyone has their own taste.

As for the Premium service charges I don't see what the problem is really. If people are that into the game then they have the opportunity to experience a higher level of service at a higher price. If they were to provide this to everyone then everyone would have to pay a lot more just to play.

Creating something as complex as SWG has to have take an tremendous effort. Ongoing development and support tells me that they really do care about their product/service.

Star Wars Galaxies is something to admire and enjoy not snear at. Just take it for what it is a really cool MMOG.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Coming here and calling people lame for pointing out the problems in galaxies is a poor statement on your part.

The reasons why I don't like Galaxies have been documented - so i suggest you read them first before posting such a pointless claim.

So far, people who like it keeping saying but I am yet to see any arguement against the major issues in the game. As stated before, yes - all games have problems but Galaxies has been one of money over issues first and until you actually experience a major problem first hand, i suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself.

Pop onto the Tech support forum on the SOE Galaxies website and look for yourself.

And i dont think anyone has complained about the path to becoming a Jedi to be a difficult one - it just should not involve exchanging cash for goods (ie for Holocrons) - they should have been more creative.

DMUK

I cannot effectively comment on the current state of SWG, considering I do not own a copy anymore (long story, it was against my will).

I played up till August, and since then, I've been reading up and doing my best to keep track of the current events and improvements of SWG. So I doubt typing out a long post, about my favor for SWG would be accurate with the current standards of the game.

But if any of you want to hear it, just let me know.

Archived