Home

Call of Duty

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by STTCT

I bought it for my husband for Christmas. It was $29.99 on an After Thanksgiving sale. Luckily I know someone who works for Best Buy!! Its regular like 49.99.

Anyways. I checked all the reviews and it got rated very high. I'm sure he'll really like it :)

WOW:eek: And I thought I was getting a deal at $42.99!

Anyways, I am sure he will like it. The thing that makes this game so fun, is that it is easy to follow along and operate. Unlike alot of FPS games, your not having to spend hours on end looking for pick up items and hidden doors. Plus, you always have the other members of your platoon with you, and they actually help you out, providing cover while you blow up tanks and anti air-craft guns. You-ll be blown away by the graphics. The actual game play is really quite cinimatic. I really felt like I was in the crap, when I saw my platoon dragging other wounded soldiers to safety. It's also very hard to put this game down, even though it autosaves at several places, you still won't wanna quit! :D

I have not played online yet, I am holding out for some buddies to go on the servers with. I'm sure it will be fun! :p

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

The actual game play is really quite cinimatic. I really felt like I was in the crap, when I saw my platoon dragging other wounded soldiers to safety. :p

How about those sound effects, man? They're some of the best I've heard. It ALWAYS sounds like there's a damn war going on everywhere. My wife's constantly screaming over my speakers "TURN THAT DOWN!!!!"

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

How about those sound effects, man? They're some of the best I've heard. It ALWAYS sounds like there's a damn war going on everywhere. My wife's constantly screaming over my speakers "TURN THAT DOWN!!!!"

I run my PC through a home theater system. Can you imagine? :p

The headset just doesn't do me any justice on this one. :)

I run my PC through a home theater system. Can you imagine? :p

The headset just doesn't do me any justice on this one. :)

*jealous of home theatre system...I run my pc through spliced wires into a stereo, so it sounds better than the factory speakers, but is NOT a home theater system by any stretch.

How are you coming along on single player? Made it to Stalingrad yet? If so have you got to:

Drive the tanks? Those were fun.

Cap - I know you warned about the spoiler but you really need to use the

tags. - leXX

Sorry and thanks, leXX. And is that how it's done?

? Not trying to be a smartass, I really just don't know how, since I rarely know things before someone else does and have never tried using them.

And Crow, I'm not 100% positive, but I seem to remember there being a shadow on/off option in options under video. But since that's the most obvious place to look, I'm probably wrong.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

*jealous of home theatre system...I run my pc through spliced wires into a stereo, so it sounds better than the factory speakers, but is NOT a home theater system by any stretch.

How are you coming along on single player? Made it to Stalingrad yet? If so have you got to:

Drive the tanks? Those were fun.

Cap - I know you warned about the spoiler but you really need to use the

tags. - leXX

I too am guilty of the spoilers, I just figured only a few of us were even looking at this thread. I knew better, I am sorry. I'll use spoiler tags too.

Again, sorry leXX. :(

Excellent. Lets set up a time for either Saturday or Sunday. I have a ton of homework, but damn... can't leave this game alone for too long!:p

Sounds great, the only thing is I don't get home from work until around 11:00 pm central time this weekend. And it'll be forever until my days off rotate back into a weekend off. But if you're up that late this weekend, I'm game.

Archived