Home

JediStarFighter

Aaron Smith

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I must be dumber than a box of rocks cuz I can't get it to work. I drew the ship parts in white made sure there was no background saved as TGAs and when I get it ingame I no longer have the big green square the background shows up transparent like it should but there is no ship in the circle it's just blank. Do I need to add a layer mask or something?

I highly recomend you look at the ones already in the game for other vehicle as reference. Or at least look at the ones in my Awing.pk3 or tfighterpilots snowspeeder or any other custom made vehicle for that matter. It really helps to see what one looks like to compare to what you've got.

I really don't know how else to explain it.

I am busy with a lot of projects right now, but if you're still really stumped on this, send me your .tga's and i'll take a look at em and tell you what's wrong.

My email

try looking at the Alpha Channel Layers, like through Photoshop and see if they are there. Thats how the TGA from the intro crawler is made, plus certain shaders use the alpha channel. also, when saving TGAs for JA, I believe you need to save them as 32-bit instead of 24 or 16, or they wont show up properly in JA.

Ok after messing with it for a couple hours last night I give up. My old photoshop doesn't seem to have that alpha channel option, so if anyone would like to take the time to do the HUDs for this it would be most apreciated. If you are interested E-mail me or something. If no one cares to take the time to do this, by lets say sunday I will go ahead and release as is.

my E-mail is jediknightmas@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Aaron Smith

I've looked at every TGA for every HUD, both those that came with JA and also those from other released vehicle models. With the version of Photoshop that I have anyway, they all look like blank white squares.

That's because they are white, while the transparent area is presented as white and gray boxes. If you'll copy on a black background, or change the color of the drawing, you'll see it.

Originally posted by Neo_Knight

I did the jedi starfighter hud and reticle (it's better ingame, there is a bit of jpeg compression on screenshot):

http://www.r-on3.com/other/shot0051.jpg

aaron you can find the zip with tgas here

The only thing missing is the .veh with the good tga name :D

w00t!

Thanks for using my Snow Speeder for the screenshot :D

Originally posted by Aaron Smith

I'm telling you Photoshop5.0 ltd is incapable of making the HUD.

You are using Photoshop 5.0? My previous instructions for accessing the alpha channel was based on 4.0.

Did you check if the channels window is hidden. Go up to the Window menu and see if the Show Channels option is checked.

First off Neo_knight, thank you,thank you, thank you for doing those HUDs . Zymotico I checked and there simply isn't a channels option for my perticular version of Photoshop, but I definitly apreciate the advise from everyone. Let me just check out these new HUDs ingame and it should be up at PCgamemods shortly.:D

imyourfather›› I love the snow speeder, we can get the hardest place with it (lol i love to land on asteroid in kfs with it).

aaron smith›› thanks for getting ingame this awesome ship, i love it.

Only one thing is a bit weird: the primary fire sound, is it the wookie bowcaster sound ?

Otherwise that's one of the best ship released.

:)

Archived