Home

vehicle limit and new vehicle classes

Duncan_10158

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duncan - could you make two walk animations? One with shield and one without?

..and also have shield on and shield off animations in a standing position (i.e. without going into a roll...)

Once we have those, then we can set it up as we like. But I'm thinking we should be accurate to the movies and make the shield go off if you walk...

RenegadeOfPhunk, ok let me repeat if i got it right. i make a second walking animation without shields, change the fold in/out animation so there isnt a shield visible at all, a second satnding but with out shiled, add new shield up/down animations and overwork the fold in/out animations.

this way you can code the transfer to rolling like this: standing - shields down - fold in - rolling. right? and from walking to rolling there will not flesh the shield as it would do now, clever :)

i also found my EP.I, i gone take a look at it and work on the animations. i let you know as soon i get results.

i make a second walking animation without shields, change the fold in/out animation so there isnt a shield visible at all, a second satnding but with out shiled, add new shield up/down animations and overwork the fold in/out animations.

Yeap - that's exactly right Duncan. That would be great :)

(Just to double-check, don't remove the shield for the attaking anims - they will be used while standing still, so shields should be on.)

If it's possible, could you get the new shield stuff done first and sent over to me?

...that way I can get on with any code changes needed with the new shield set-up -and be sure that it's all looking and working correctly.

...then you can take your time working on the new fold in / out anims without needing any new code from me...

...the Droidkea is gonna look WAY cool once it's finished :)

btw - the droidekas seen in Ep.I have quite different skin colours than the one yours currently have. Overall, more dark brown than light brown....

I'd be nice if it could be skinned to look more like how they are in the movies? (I'm not sure if your a skinner or not.)

..do you know of anybody who could maybe have a go at it possibly? If you need a screenshot, I can make one...

About the vehicle limit.

The recent "OmniMOD 2.0" included OJP's VEH limit fix saying they increased it to 64; the problem is, it does nothing.

It's either the OmniMOD team's problem when implementing it or the OJP code doesn't work at 100%.

Just thought you guys should know about this potential problem.

Well, I've looked into this vehicle limit thing, and upping the MAX_VEHICLES define definetly does something!

I used devmap and started spawning vehicles all over the place, and I managed to spawn more than 16 different types of vehicles. When I lowered MAX_VEHICLES back down to 16, then it wouldn't let me add the 17th vehicle.

Darth Sun,

I would double-check with the OmniMod guys that they definetly made the appropate change. Because upping the MAX_VEHICLE define definetly seemed to work - at least for me...

Back to the droideka,

Everything is done apart from 1 problem - anims repeating on client comps when they shoudn't. I'm gonna try and look into this a bit more, but I think I may just add it to the respoitory and let Razor attack it with his immense anim experience - he'll probably spot the problem right away...

ok, back to the droideka,

i played the newest version RenegadeOfPhunk sent me, everything seems to work as it should. but i think we have a minor problem with the turning when standing, the rpoblem is every time you move the cursor the shield starts to pop down and pop up, this make the hole movement kind of lagy. the shield have to pop down befor it can turn but by then you turn is mostly already over, so its a pop up/down all the time. i would suggest we set shield up on turning when standing. if you are aiming the shields would never be active anyway. it isnt that correct but it make sense in gameplay, a droideka that stays on one spot is an easy target, no mather if turning or not. if its moving (walking or rolling) the shields should be off. if you play a droideka you can keep on moving or stay and have shields.

an other point is movement mode change, as it is now you have to hold down shift to be in roll mode. would it be possible to use right click change the mode or holding right click to stay in rolle model. holding right would be probably best, cause when you are in rolle mode you dont dont use left click anyway. without holding right mouse buttom you are just walking. i think this way the droideka would be much better to control.

i am working on a new fold out animation that is more like in EP.I, i am not sure, but is it possible to keep the model moving forward a second longer then the player holds the key? i think its something like the swoops that keep on moving for a short time, whats the parameter for that?

but i think we have a minor problem with the turning when standing, the rpoblem is every time you move the cursor the shield starts to pop down and pop up, this make the hole movement kind of lagy.

I've changed that already. From what I saw in the movies, it seemed to me that if the droideka moved it's legs in any way, this meant the shields had to go off. But I was wrong about that. At the end of Ep.I, the droidekas can be seen turning with their shields on.

So I've made it so that you can turn and the shields will stay on (no pause). But as soon as you walk or roll, the shields come down.

This didn't require any code changes btw. I just turned the StandToTurnTime and TurnToStandTime values to 0, altered the MBFDisableShields value (both in the .veh file), and messed around with the animevents file a bit...

would it be possible to use right click change the mode or holding right click to stay in rolle model.

Well, it COULD be possible. But I don't think it would be that neat really. For the right button for example, this would rely on the vehicle creator not placing any weapons on alt-fire etc.

If I can make it work in a nice, clean way, I'll add it. But I think using the walk/run button is good enough really I have to say.

I get what your trying to achieve though, and I'll have a think about it.

is it possible to keep the model moving forward a second longer then the player holds the key?

decrease the decelIdle value in the .veh file to make the vehicle deccelerate slower.

After installing the new "Kotor Flight School", the ".veh extention too long" error once again occurs.

After deleting some of the vehicles I had in base it worked as expected.

Needless to say, I removed KFS and reinstalled the previous vehicles I had.

I'm beginning to think this is an engine limitation, the client side alteration won't work too well if that's the case.

OK - extra coding for the Droideka is done.

I will be updating this stuff to the repository shortly. Here is a full description of the new features:

New vehicle implmentation

There is one problem remaining with this stuff - regarding repeating anims on client comps. I'm hoping after I've submitted it that Razor will have better luck getting to the bottom of it than i have :)

With your permission Duncan, I will also be adding the droideka vehicle itself.

...now all we need is a skinner to step forward :)

ok, i had some free time and worked on my AT-AT vehicle project again. :atat: i am just about to start the animation so i want to pose some questions about possible coded animations. i will post some pics as soon as i have something realy to show.

1. you know, the AT-AT has a very slow movement, only one leg at a time is lifted. a hole walking cycle would take very long and if someone wants to stop in the middle of this cycle the animation will make a jump. my question, is it possible to have four movement modes, one for every leg? like this:

stand1

walk1 (walking animation that goes from stand1 to stand2)

stand2

walk2 (walking animation that goes from stand2 to stand3)

stand3

walk3 (walking animation that goes from stand3 to stand4)

stand4

walk4 (walking animation that goes from stand4 to stand1)

this way a walking cycle would be spit in four animations and the player can stop after ever part and stay in the correct stand posture. the walkX are the modes and the standX are the appropriet stangings. do you know what i mean?

2. the AT-AT has a movable head, i added two bones in the neck. is it possible to let them follow the crosshair in vertical and horizontal? but both only 50% of the crosshair movement, together they will follow compleatly. i want this because if i make only one bone to follow, there will be only one joint and it will look a break point and not like a smoth trun. if this isnt spossible i have to use only one bone as head turning bone.

3. can we have more then one death animation? triggerd by different actions? you know that snowspeeder thing.

4. in general, what animations should a AT-AT have? what code mod do we need to make it work? is it possible at all?

Thanks.

Archived