Home

Chat text in your way while playing? Here's a fix for ya.

Marker0077

This puts the chat text up top similar to how it was in JK2. This is MUCH better than how it is currently because chat text tends to get in your way while playing.

Type "cg_chatboxheight 60" & that should do it (I believe 350 is the default if you do not like it). The "cg_chatbox" cvar sets the amount of time text is to be displayed.

Another tip that I personally find useful is setting the "cg_fov" cvar to 120 (default is 80). This sets the third person camera back a bit more so you can see more area, now this does take some getting used to but is well worth it in my opinion.

Hope you guys enjoy these tips as much as I do,

- Marker0077

Originally posted by Marker0077

This puts the chat text up top similar to how it was in JK2. This is MUCH better than how it is currently because chat text tends to get in your way while playing.

Type "cg_chatboxheight 60" & that should do it (I believe 350 is the default if you do not like it). The "cg_chatbox" cvar sets the amount of time text is to be displayed.

Hope you guys enjoy these tips as much as I do,

- Marker0077

Ah Excellent, I can now see my saber properly when duelling :D

Cheers :D

Can anyone help me? I want to remove the timer in siege! I dont know how, does anyone know? Please.

Sorry Sarah, I don't think there is a way to remove the timer in Siege (if by that you mean disable it completely).... not without modifying the code that controls the features of the gametype.

I know you can modify how long you have to wait between spawns, and you can simply launch the map in Team FFA mode (that kills the timer, but also the goals, makes unlucky spawning problematic since only certain teams can open certain doors, and other quirky things (like for example the AI may attack you regardless).

So it's not even really Siege anymore, just a regular map with some AI and scripting thrown in (most of which won't work anymore without the Siege gametype).

Without the timer, the Defending team could never win, since their victory is based on keeping the enemy from completing their objects until time runs out.

well i dont mind waiting for spawning, i just like to have as little on my screen as possible so i can focus more on the game, i wanted to get rid of that huge fat timer and add the small simple one at the top with cg_drawtimer

atm i use cg_hudfiles1, cg_drawradar 0, now i just want to rid of the fat ugly timer, but i doubt its possible,i looked in cg commands and didnt find :mad:

Archived